Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the car stumbles really bad at random times usually under 2k rpms. There aren't any codes that pop up. The car will buck and feel like it's not getting power. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Without any information on your ride it's hard to guess. Mods or stock? Tuned? Issue started happening when?

Since there is no info I could guess bad gas, dirty fuel filter, clogged injector, worn plug, etc etc....

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Without any information on your ride it's hard to guess. Mods or stock? Tuned? Issue started happening when?

Since there is no info I could guess bad gas, dirty fuel filter, clogged injector, worn plug, etc etc....
everything under the sun has been done to the focus lol. It's not fueling issues my tuner said the ign correction is fluctuating up and down

·
Registered
196 Posts
everything under the sun has been done to the focus lol. It's not fueling issues my tuner said the ign correction is fluctuating up and down
There are so many things that could cause that. Post some logs and people will be able to help you.

Otherwise though, is this on or off throttle? Is the car in gear? Does it happen when the engine is cold, warm or both?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are so many things that could cause that. Post some logs and people will be able to help you.

Otherwise though, is this on or off throttle? Is the car in gear? Does it happen when the engine is cold, warm or both?
happens in gear and when the car is warmed up. how do I post a log here?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like you're already in contact with your tuner...are they unable to help???

I would run your tank of fuel down, get a new tank elsewhere of quality fuel and see if it persists. Go easy on it for now.
just swapped to my 93 tune. And checked wires. but I think I might have slipped timing

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
just swapped to my 93 tune. And checked wires. but I think I might have slipped timing
That would be pretty extreme, since there's a timing chain. The car would run like total crap if timing slipped, or you'd be pounding valves into the pistons.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That would be pretty extreme, since there's a timing chain. The car would run like total crap if timing slipped, or you'd be pounding valves into the pistons.
true I just can't figure this **** out

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ford says the wire harness recall does need to be done for my car idk if I believe them

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anyone have any ideas ?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Bro its fuel I have bt 2.3 stroker had the same thing. Fuel dips under low rpm you need you tuner to adjust fuel pup to throw more pressure in fixed mine right up @SIstomper could better explain

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bro its fuel I have bt 2.3 stroker had the same thing. Fuel dips under low rpm you need you tuner to adjust fuel pup to throw more pressure in fixed mine right up @SIstomper could better explain
who tuned your car? Fuel and everything was when he checked the logs

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
and it's only on light throttle

1 - 20 of 25 Posts