Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I miss my first ST (build there here) and so I started looking around a month or so ago to see if I could fill the void. I picked up a 2016 Kona Blue with 32K miles. It was pretty clean, one owner, no accidents (at least none reported). Brought it home yesterday, it was too hot to get out and detail, but once I get that knocked out I’lol put some pictures up.

A new build thread will be started soon, I already ordered pretty much every part I put on my old ST, and I’ll have myself an install weekend when it cools down some.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,546 Posts
Welcome back! Did you ever get the 2867 on the old car?

Also, since you've Been gone, BNR has come out with some big turbo options (including a 2867) that has a better exhaust elbow and includes some prebent stainless lines for oil and coolant. A much better setup than ATP

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome back! Did you ever get the 2867 on the old car?

Also, since you've Been gone, BNR has come out with some big turbo options (including a 2867) that has a better exhaust elbow and includes some prebent stainless lines for oil and coolant. A much better setup than ATP
I never went bigger turbo on the old ST, I was always so close to pulling the trigger on one but just never followed through. After I sold it I pretty much stopped following all the builds and part releases for the STs, so Ive got some catching up to do.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
724 Posts
I miss my first ST (build there here) and so I started looking around a month or so ago to see if I could fill the void. I picked up a 2016 Kona Blue with 32K miles. It was pretty clean, one owner, no accidents (at least none reported). Brought it home yesterday, it was too hot to get out and detail, but once I get that knocked out I’lol put some pictures up.

A new build thread will be started soon, I already ordered pretty much every part I put on my old ST, and I’ll have myself an install weekend when it cools down some.
Welcome to the Kona Gang! WOOOOO

Reactions: StevenST

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
What were you driving in the time between?
Nice to see ya back!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, I did forget to mention that I do have a 2021 Ranger...its being built a little as well. I already put a Turbosmart BOV on to be annoying, Ford Performance Power Pack, FMIC, and exhaust are on the way for it. I was going to start a build thread for it once I started putting the parts on

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Oh, I did forget to mention that I do have a 2021 Ranger...its being built a little as well. I already put a Turbosmart BOV on to be annoying, Ford Performance Power Pack, FMIC, and exhaust are on the way for it. I was going to start a build thread for it once I started putting the parts on
Welcome back!

What do you think of the new Rangers? Been considering one as a utility/backup daily driver

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome back!

What do you think of the new Rangers? Been considering one as a utility/backup daily driver
Honestly, 10x more fun than I thought it was going to be. With a couple of upgrades and a decent tune that little truck will surprise a lot of people. My wife also got a 2021 Escape. I dont like driving it because every time I hit the gas I accidentally spin the front tires 😂

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
724 Posts
Honestly, 10x more fun than I thought it was going to be. With a couple of upgrades and a decent tune that little truck will surprise a lot of people. My wife also got a 2021 Escape. I dont like driving it because every time I hit the gas I accidentally spin the front tires 😂
Yeah those new Escapes are touchy, hehe. I always thought Ford should have made an Escape ST instead of the Edge ST

·
Registered
2013 TS ST3, with some stuff done.
761 Posts
Yes it is that bad, you should see It in real life, It burns my eyes. 🤢🤢🤮

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,595 Posts
I would still take it over orange or chartreuse or even white 😛😊😁

·
Administrator
12,628 Posts
It's like a Mazda 3 raped a Nissan Juke.

The green I like, the car is total poo.

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
I would still take it over orange or chartreuse or even white 😛😊😁
I actually love Ford's new cyber orange on some cars. The Mach E (not a Mustang) looks great in it.

Reactions: TurboGT
1 - 20 of 48 Posts