Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
About three months ago I got into an accident while driving my 2016 Focus ST and the damage was pretty bad. In about 2 weeks the collision center was able to fully repair the car however they told me the final part they need to finish, which is the front steering rack is on back order and they cannot even give me an estimate as to how much longer it will be until they receive said part (AND ITS ALREADY BEEN THREE MONTHS!). In my opinion this is completely ridiculous as I have already patiently waited three months and still have no idea when I will be getting my car back.
If anyone here has had an experience like this I would greatly appreciate knowing what happened in your case, I would also appreciate any tips with regards to how I might be able to speed this process up.

Thanks in advance,
Miro

·
Registered
825 Posts
I would contact Ford and bring up the 'fair use' and the fact they are totally responsible. And you want to start a LEMON claim.
I do not know how this is in Canada but it should get some grease.
Or get a lawyer. and Do sue Ford. They owe you a usable car.

This problem of parts is a big one. And Canada may have more laws about the requirement to have repair parts available.

On the other hand the problem may be one idiot in some parts warehouse not getting you the item.
A Fire under Ford corporate would be the best way to expedite the part.
So I suggest the sue them for LEMON is way to go.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I am in the same boat, three weeks now. My power steering went out at 6,000 miles and they have no clue when new ones will be made. I told them I want someone from Ford to call me as it's the least they can do. Still waiting for the call.
I love my ST and this has not soured me on the car but it sure has soured me on Ford. First and last one for me. I own a lot of cars, GMs and Chrylers, and the most I've waited on a part for one of those is about three days.
Unreal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the same issue with Ford calling me back. About two months into waiting for the steering rack I called ford and told them I wanted to speak with a regional representative. After explaining what my problem was to them, they told me that id be receiving a call from a regional rep in about 2-3 business days. A week passed by and I still hadn't received a call back so I decided to call them only to have them tell me there's nothing they can do and il just have to wait it out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you by any chance know what the difference between the original and updated front steering rack is?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Do you by any chance know what the difference between the original and updated front steering rack is?
from my understanding part #s can change for various reasons....design changes or even if they just get a new supplier can also warrant a new #

edit...most likely something very minor

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I was once told there was a 3 to 5 month wait for an ST1 interior climate control module. The thing with the buttons and knobs for climate control. 3+ months to get one. Same one that's in all the lower spec Focuses too.

I complained to my Ford regional customer care rep and they got one expedited and it was there in a week.

Certainly not even as close to as important as what you're waiting on, but it's clear that something is up with the way they source parts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts