Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just recently traded in my fbo SE for an ST. Some parts I was able to repurpose like the RMM. So my first oil change I went to install the RMM after taking off all the BS brackets. Holy balls the one next to the subframe is a pita to get to. After finally getting that off, installing the rmm and then putting the brackets on. I went to tighten the nut that holds the outer bracket on that is also connected to downpipe or header? Not sure. Lol and the damn nut that tightens down simply gave up on life and stripped itself. Well it's not even tight. So now I hear a rattling noise from the direction of the rmm when driving slowly.

You wanna laugh? No I didn't overtighten it. It stopped Midway on the thread and not cross threaded either lol. So the bracket isn't even tight.

I need to chop it off and reinstall a new stud+nut that goes into the block. Anyone have the part# for that?

Can't find it anywhere.

It also doesn't help I don't have access to a computer so Ford parts website is useless as it won't let me zoom in on part #'s or anything.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Close. It's the bolt with the stud welded in. I'm still looking lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This picture will help. The black inner circle. That nut is stripped on the stud. Hell it's not even tight. It's is roughly 1/8th of an inch off the bracket it holds on. So I need to cut it off and reinstall the entire setup with a new bolt that goes in the block that has the stud on the end that the stripped nut goes on. Can't find the sizes anywhere

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
According to my catalog at work that should be a M12x40mm bolt and not a stud and nut? part # W500044.S442
Yes it's a bolt. But it also has a studded end if that makes any sense. The bolt goes into the block. The head of the bolt has a stud on the other side where the nut goes on that attaches the bracket to the block.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks similar to that. Starting from the bottom, big thread (not sure what the specs) then the head of the bolt (15mm) then smaller thread (again not sure what thread specs) then the 13mm nut goes on it to hold the brackets on.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Im just telling you that looks nothing like what the Ford catalog says it should like lol. I wish I could send you a screen shot of the picture from my catalog so you know im not crazy. unless the part looks different than the way it does in the picture.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here. Take a look at this video. At 6:28 see the nut with the stud sticking out? That's what I need lmfao

·
Registered
331 Posts
Looks similar to that. Starting from the bottom, big thread (not sure what the specs) then the head of the bolt (15mm) then smaller thread (again not sure what thread specs) then the 13mm nut goes on it to hold the brackets on.

PM me your email and ill email over a picture straight from the catalog so I can show you what Im dealing with. Also are we talking about a Focus or Fiesta?? That might help lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im just telling you that looks nothing like what the Ford catalog says it should like lol. I wish I could send you a screen shot of the picture from my catalog so you know im not crazy. unless the part looks different than the way it does in the picture.
Here we go. this is what I need lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay thats what I thought let me know if you get those illustrations or not. They send straight from my catalog
I received both of them. I can see they look like normal bolts. But unfortunately they're not lol. I appreciate the helpful information. To me it looks like they're pulling the same info off of the base model. Which I know it's just a bolt and nothing fancy.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I received both of them. I can see they look like normal bolts. But unfortunately they're not lol. I appreciate the helpful information. To me it looks like they're pulling the same info off of the base model. Which I know it's just a bolt and nothing fancy.

Yeah Im pretty sure its a cataloging error for sure. Just hard to figure out the part number you actually need when they dont even list it lol. What do those brackets bolt too? I was trying to find those brackets in a separate picture to see if it list the right stud.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah Im pretty sure its a cataloging error for sure. Just hard to figure out the part number you actually need when they dont even list it lol. What do those brackets bolt too? I was trying to find those brackets in a separate picture to see if it list the right stud.
The downpipe support bracket. Let me see if I can't find an image

1 - 20 of 23 Posts