Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Placed an order Monday the 31st for Megan Racing EZ Street Coilovers, my card was charged that day and I went through a verification for my ID since I'm having it sent to where I'm currently working. Next day, no word on shipping. Called THM, they have no idea if its shipped, coming from Megan Racing directly. I wait all day for a call back, never received one. Now today, two days later (with no call from them I had to call them twice), they still could not tell me if it had shipped. Told me again I would be called with confirmation when they know. So I called Megan Racing myself, and within 2 minutes they told me it was being shipped today and they had received the order so late the day before that it delayed it. I had to call THM again, and they still had no idea when or where my order was so I TOLD them, and they would do nothing to expedite the shipping, only offered me $25 refund. Complete crap customer service, not fast at all, never received ONE call from them only a couple of copy paste emails without specific responses to my issue.

I cancelled my order, waiting for my account to be credited. I will be going with someone else. Ordering from THM has been a great way to ruin my weekend off from work, since I won't have my parts to install on my car. Thanks for nothing.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Since this post, Sikander at THM has called me, finally. They still won't expedite the shipping, but are giving me $25 (woo.) And I will get the parts Monday. The only reason I am not going through with the cancelation, is because he called me. That's all I wanted, I had to do all the leg work and was given a runaround since placing the order. That's awful customer service. I will think twice, still, about any future orders from TH Motorsports.

·
Registered
706 Posts
It clearly states on their website for that particular item that it "may ship from manufactuer" having seen that you should have recognized that it may take a day or two to ship it out. I still don't see why you canceled the order after you talked to megan and they said they were shipping it that day. Communication may have been a little slow on THM's part, but it had only been 2 days. Seems to me you were being a little impatient.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If they had maybe made at least one attempt to respond or even had a clue as to what was going on, it would have changed how I felt about the order. I shouldn't have had to call the manufacturer directly in order to find out, when they could have done the same thing a day before. But instead they just kept giving me the runaround. That's poor customer service. And this wasn't EBay, and it isn't coming from China.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
....2 days and your THIS worked up and wont purchase from them ever again??

Depending when in the day on the 31st it is ordered.. you would need to wait for the shop to actually process the part on the 1st. Throughout the 1st it would be boxed, labeled ect. You would normally receive some sort of confirmation then on the 2nd, which it seems you had already routed around THM just to get to the maker themselves. 90% of these online ordering systems are automated so they send forward the orders to their drop shipping partners throughout the day after it was verified that payment was completed and OK.

Most people even state expect 1-2 FULL BUSINESS DAYS for confirmation of order. Thats just to process payment and have the paperwork forwarded. Yeesh your a touchy one. Some people on here complain because parts are 2-3 weeks late... or some Group Buys where parts were not delivered for 6 months... not 48 hours..smh

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im aware of that and I can definitely understand the time taken to ship, it was THM themselves that aggravated me by having no clue, and not simply calling me back like promised.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Never had any issues with anyone else when it comes to ordering parts. When my intake came from Cobb, after I placed the order it went into backorder two days later, the day before I expected to get the shipment. They called me, bumped the shipping and I still got it on time. They were organized and friendly. Haven't had a good experience since day one with THM, maybe I do sound edgy and touchy, but their way of handling customer service isn't good at all.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Im aware of that and I can definitely understand the time taken to ship, it was THM themselves that aggravated me by having no clue, and not simply calling me back like promised.
I will agree, that if they state they will call you back it sure pisses me off when they dont call back.
But as I stated above, if the order was not even fufilled by Megan, then THM really couldnt know anything at all. THM can only know what megan allows them to know (and no i have no clue how sophisticated their ordering system is) .. but thats why all items on THM that are not readily stocked have the "item will ship from manufacture" label on them, because most of the time they are only a provider of sales and have very limited knowledge of the product until they are notified by Megan (or whoever it is) that the part had been processed and is shipped. Just saying, chill out a little, its been 48 hours or less.. and yes its ****ty they didnt call you back, but is it really a reason to say "never again"? :disappointed:

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Never had any issues with anyone else when it comes to ordering parts. When my intake came from Cobb, after I placed the order it went into backorder two days later, the day before I expected to get the shipment. They called me, bumped the shipping and I still got it on time. They were organized and friendly. Haven't had a good experience since day one with THM, maybe I do sound edgy and touchy, but their way of handling customer service isn't good at all.
if you had ordered the part directly off the cobb website, there is no middle man, so their automated ordering system does it all in one spot, at one time. Now i will say there is a reason people pay totally top dollar, bonkers ass prices for COBB product... its their customer service and name they built over the years. Ordering from manufacture direct is more an interactive process then it is through a 3rd party vendor (like THM), and the manufacture is more in the spot light about their name being tarnished, because its THEM doing the sale.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
i will mention ... i own only one part from THM ... and it did take 3 days to get confirmation which was slower then expected ... but in the end I got my stuff that week. They even responded to my PM here on the forum in under 24 hours, which was not bad. Not the best service (had better time with Vivid Racing), but it certainly isnt terrible. (this was my personal opinion though, disregard it otherwise).

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
It sounds like THM did you a solid here. While not blazingly fast I still think their time frame to be acceptable. They handled the problem, you are still dissatisfied. End of story. Nothing to see here folks.

·
Premium Member
13,371 Posts
I would like to state that my only order through THM was handled perfectly. FA coilovers and they told me it would be 3-5 weeks. Every time I messaged them for an update after the 3 week mark they were quick to respond. I wouldn't mind doing business with them again. Great experience.

Send from another galaxy.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Love how I'm being flamed for having a bad experience. And I did respond and say I was glad they finally called me, even though when I received the call the person didn't even know what was going on, and was calling to get ID verification that I had already completed a day ago, to get the order finished. My experience, maybe not yours, was sloppy, untimely and basically a cluster from the beginning. The willingness of Sikander to actually seek out a solution for me AND actually call me back after telling me he would, made me change my mind about the order. I stand by my frustration, although I've calmed down. I don't like having my money messed with or in limbo when no one at a decent sized company knows what's going on. That's just my 2¢.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's because you're calling it a bad experience on day 2 lol. Jesus christ, I've been waiting for some headlights from TLF for 5 months now after being quoted 6-8 weeks, I'd shudder to see the the post you would make about it.

Most people who complain or write a poor review have a good reason, not only has it only been 2 days but we're talking about a part from the manufacturer directly.

They failed to call you back after 1 day, we get it you're mad, they apparently do too hence the $25. Why complain?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Oh look, another vendor bashing thread...

Tappin' with my G3

1 - 20 of 21 Posts