Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My fost decided and developed overnight an awful sounding suspension squeak...last time i used it on friday and everything was normal and perfect...havent used it till today morning when it started with the squeak on the video the second i drove off the parking.

Anyone have any idea what to look after?

The squeak started as described, from nothing and absolutely overnight...havent heard this not a single time the smallest knock... And now it is doing all the time, even driving at 2 mph straight without steering left or right.

Noise is not connected with speed or steering....

On the video, it can be heard really loud, its not that loud in real, but you can hear it very clearly....

Clip is being take at 20-30 mph speed straight and on a good road, no bumps or potholes....

This morning it wouldnt stop untill i parked the car at work (17 miles or so), afternoon when i went home from work (and little warmer sunny weather) it completelly stopped squeaking after 10 miles and havent been able to reproduce it. Tomorrow morning i expect the noise back - will report back.

https://youtu.be/oubrB9OXQbs

Thanx for help!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I thought you said squeak. Sounds more like you are dragging a dead body inside your wheel well which may not be far from what happened. It sounds like you are dragging something so have you checked under the car for anything unusual? Check the wheel well?

My buddy had a similar sound occur and found a piece of hard plastic caught under the car which dragged on the road.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well havent thought what to call this...nothing under the car, checked that...but havent yet removed wheel to fully inspect...but doubt that something is stuck.

But did take another short vid this morning to bounce it while standing still and engine off and the sound immediatelly poped with slightest bounce up/down as below. And the squeak/rattle/whatever again did not stopped while driving (like yesterday when going back home from work) until parked at my job.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, i found the devil....last minute before giving up.

In case anyone have the same squeak type, the cause is stuck i assume its headlight position motor, and it is making awful noises when moving the rod up or down....

Have to buy new one, at least the cause of squeak is now known!

Thx and br

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts