Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any sound clips of the AWE track with a high flow catted downpipe, specifically the cobb catted but any catted dp works. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone have any sound clips of the AWE track with a high flow catted downpipe, specifically the cobb catted but any catted dp works. Thanks!
I don't have a sound clip available for you but I'll give you my .02 on the matter. I have the AWE track exhaust and a 100 cell Depo DP. This car is LOUD. I'm talking wake the dead loud. Don't get me wrong, it does sound great, but you have to baby the car to keep it toned down to reasonable levels. Going above 3.5k RPM makes it absolutely scream. On long highway drives it does start to irritate me slightly but not enough to make me want to change the exhaust. I get lots of compliments on it and it still brings me joy to hear the rumble on start up. That being said, you have to go into it knowing that your car will never go unnoticed.

·
Registered
2017 MM ST3
414 Posts
I have a couple clips I could share but idk how on here...

·
2,420 Posts
I have a couple clips I could share but idk how on here...
Upload them to YouTube and share the links. This site doesn't allow a direct file upload for videos.

·
Registered
88 Posts
do it! lol 😂
This is my first "sports car." When I first got it almost a year ago, I was a little timid with getting a loud exhaust... We have a family friend that owns a customer exhaust shop. I showed them the MBRP exhaust because I wanted something sporty but quiet. The longer I've owned the car, the more I've found myself wanting to hear and be heard. Now I'm tempted to go back to that shop and show them the AWE track and ask for 3" piping and a small resonator and that's it. Could probably get it all done for... $200-250 after family discount. Plus I can keep the factory tips, which I really like.

·
Registered
2017 MM ST3
414 Posts
This is my first "sports car." When I first got it almost a year ago, I was a little timid with getting a loud exhaust... We have a family friend that owns a customer exhaust shop. I showed them the MBRP exhaust because I wanted something sporty but quiet. The longer I've owned the car, the more I've found myself wanting to hear and be heard. Now I'm tempted to go back to that shop and show them the AWE track and ask for 3" piping and a small resonator and that's it. Could probably get it all done for... $200-250 after family discount. Plus I can keep the factory tips, which I really like.
Yeah I understand wanting to hear it, that's pretty much what I shift based on. My friend has a louder exhaust on his ST and bought a second ST that was stock and it's so weird not hearing the exhaust haha. Hey if you can get something like the track for that cheap I say do it! I'm a bad influence lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts