Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this is in the wrong spot please forgive me. Im just trying to share an experience I had with Maxton Design.

I ordered a front racing splitter from maxton for around 300$. When I got it one, of the support beams was stripped and it was missing a nut and bolt as well. Really just failed to meet quality control considering what I paid for it. Anyways I reached out to Maxton to ask for replacement parts.

We went back and fourth for a few days but all I got was big F*** YOU.

They took days to respond to each email and told me to take it up with who I got it from. They simply refused to stand behind there product over a few missing nut and bolts. Anyways just saying this to warn any one else thinking of running there stuff. Im pretty bummed out overall as I really liked most of their products, But if you cant even stand behind a few nut and bolts then I guess you aren't the company for me.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
So who did you buy it from, since they said take it up with who you got it from?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got it from one of the few us suppliers. I talked with him and Im apparently not the first with an issue like this. I didnt want to return I simply wanted the parts to use what I bought. I ended up using aftermarket screws and found some support braces from another company

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
I got it from one of the few us suppliers. I talked with him and Im apparently not the first with an issue like this. I didnt want to return I simply wanted the parts to use what I bought. I ended up using aftermarket screws and found some support braces from another company
Being that it was purchased from another supplier, they should be the ones warrantying anything out. Because after they get the bad parts back they then go to Maxton. Granted to your point it sounds like Maxton could have been a bit more supportive and helpful but "technically" it isn't on them. I would talk to the supplier that you got it from.

It would be like you being mad a Michelin for a tire shop selling an outdated tire. (I work in the tire and wheel industry so that analogy works for me)

EDIT:Not trying to bash on you or anything, just trying to understand the situation best. Either way it sounds like you are getting F'ed over.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Being that it was purchased from another supplier, they should be the ones warrantying anything out. Because after they get the bad parts back they then go to Maxton. Granted to your point it sounds like Maxton could have been a bit more supportive and helpful but "technically" it isn't on them. I would talk to the supplier that you got it from.

It would be like you being mad a Michelin for a tire shop selling an outdated tire. (I work in the tire and wheel industry so that analogy works for me)

EDIT:Not trying to bash on you or anything, just trying to understand the situation best. Either way it sounds like you are getting F'ed over.
Thing is I've talked the supplier. This isn't the first time its happened with maxton not taking responsibly according to the supplier. (We both reached out) I really like the supplier and don't blame them one bit, we have good report and they've done well in my book.

This is nothing like "tires" however. This isn't an outdated product or damaged product its simple poor quality control. I dont expect and prefer the supplier to not open factory sealed boxes to check to make sure everything single part is there. If you order a turbo kit regardless of the supplier you expect all the parts to be there. Ive gone straight to the manufacturer plenty of times for small issues and they've always tired hard to make it right. I'm the end user and the consumer, without us you have no one to sell too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts