Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to PM but no response.

What would you say the average WHP is of a Freektune OTS+ Stage 1 tune? 250WHP/320WTQ?

·
Super Moderator
7,301 Posts
I tried to PM but no response.

What would you say the average WHP is of a Freektune OTS+ Stage 1 tune? 250WHP/320WTQ?
I wouldn't worry about the "gains" on a stage one OTS+ tune.

You should be more interested in the awesome throttle response, smooth power delivery, and better idle. Which makes the car an absolute blast to drive. Noticeably better than Cobb OTS tunes. It's more about how it gets to peak hp/trq than what the numbers are.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just ordered my APv3 OTS+. Now I am going to bite my nails off waiting for it!

·
Super Moderator
7,301 Posts
Just ordered my APv3 OTS+. Now I am going to bite my nails off waiting for it!
Great choice. I'm on my third Full tune with Justin. I also ran 3 of his OTS+ maps, and have had several touch ups. So I have a very good idea of what Justin does.

I'm actually currently in another full tune, for my port injection with my gtx3076r gen 2. Still the same level of service as my first OTS+ from them, 5 years later.

Justin is always on the higher end of outputs from tuners, and is still my favorite tuner. I have never had any reason to switch. If I did, I'd go with Nishan. He is great. I'm starting to work with Torrie at Unleashed for my uncles 3.5 ecoboost expedition, which besides SCT sucking, should be pretty sweet.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great choice. I'm on my third Full tune with Justin. I also ran 3 of his OTS+ maps, and have had several touch ups. So I have a very good idea of what Justin does.

I'm actually currently in another full tune, for my port injection with my gtx3076r gen 2. Still the same level of service as my first OTS+ from them, 5 years later.

Justin is always on the higher end of outputs from tuners, and is still my favorite tuner. I have never had any reason to switch. If I did, I'd go with Nishan. He is great. I'm starting to work with Torrie at Unleashed for my uncles 3.5 ecoboost expedition, which besides SCT sucking, should be pretty sweet.
Thanks for the feedback Deuce. It's always a nervous game to pick a tuner. I'm no stranger to tuning as I had 290hp/381tq at the crank on my old WRX with stock turbo. Too much torque and it snapped the transmission in two during a third gear pull.

I'm all about reliability though, and I hear Justin is good with that.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm currently at nearly 12k miles. Was wondering if I should change my plugs this summer? Justin said that stock plugs are fine with this tune, so I'm tossing up the idea between having a dealer do it or do it myself.

·
Super Moderator
7,301 Posts
I'm currently at nearly 12k miles. Was wondering if I should change my plugs this summer? Justin said that stock plugs are fine with this tune, so I'm tossing up the idea between having a dealer do it or do it myself.
Well, if you have the hand tools, its a very easy job. Also, you will need to gap your plugs at .026 for Justin, which is routine maintenance about every 15k miles for our cars. We eat spark plugs.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well, if you have the hand tools, its a very easy job. Also, you will need to gap your plugs at .026 for Justin, which is routine maintenance about every 15k miles for our cars. We eat spark plugs.
What's the stock gap? I'm not sure if I should go one step colder or not. I'll wait for Justin to tell me what's best.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,301 Posts
What's the stock gap? I'm not sure if I should go one step colder or not. I'll wait for Justin to tell me what's best.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
I dont remember the stock gap, somewhere around .030 iirc. Yeah, justin will sort you out.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah. Just wondering how long it takes for the AP to arrive at my door. I'm assuming 3 to 5 business days?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So far I am loving my Freektune! Cyl corrections are very rare and no more than -1 on any cylinder. OAR is steady at -1 with 93 Sunoco.

Only question I have is if I change out my Green filter to a DryFlow filter with the Velossa snorkel -- do I need a tune revision? I doubt it, but playing it safe.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
So far I am loving my Freektune! Cyl corrections are very rare and no more than -1 on any cylinder. OAR is steady at -1 with 93 Sunoco.

Only question I have is if I change out my Green filter to a DryFlow filter with the Velossa snorkel -- do I need a tune revision? I doubt it, but playing it safe.
you shouldnt need to retune for different aftermarket intakes. If you are concerned, you can ask your tuner

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You can send him a log and he can make a revision. Chances are it wont make a noticeable difference in the data log though
The OTS+ maps call for one revision. I'm not sure if I would have to pay for a full e-tune to get more revisions.

·
Vendor
104 Posts
The OTS+ maps call for one revision. I'm not sure if I would have to pay for a full e-tune to get more revisions.
Correct, this would be a basic mod that qualifies for the Touch Up Tune (half price of full tune).

However, changing the air filter and adding the snorkel won't change enough to really require a re-tune.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts