Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there some sort of secret sauce here to put these center caps in? They appear to be too small, they sit in the hole fine but they fall right out, dont actually appear to snap in.

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
Is there some sort of secret sauce here to put these center caps in? They appear to be too small, they sit in the hole fine but they fall right out, dont actually appear to snap in.
Are the wheels new or used?

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
ive had them for a couple years
From working in the tire and wheel industry I've seen the plastic tabs on the wheels just start to flex from the heat and cause them to loosen up. We usually ran electrical tape around the tabs to help. But ultimately new caps will be needed it sounds like.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im not sure i know what plastic tabs? The only plastic tabs are on the center cap themselves. The original M310 center caps that have been on the wheels since i bought them still fit fine, its just the brand new velossa tech ones that showed up the other day that dont fit. Sorry if I'm miss understanding what you're saying.

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
im not sure i know what plastic tabs? The only plastic tabs are on the center cap themselves. The original M310 center caps that have been on the wheels since i bought them still fit fine, its just the brand new velossa tech ones that showed up the other day that dont fit. Sorry if I'm miss understanding what you're saying.
I totally didn't see it was under Velossa Tech. My knowledge of his caps is none. Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
1,896 Posts
Hey shoot me an email at [email protected] with whats going on, we will work through it.

best,

D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts