Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ive asked quite a few people and have gotten different answers. Im going big turbo in a few months and im looking for about 400whp. I know oem fuel is limited around 350whp, i do not have access to e85, and id rather not run meth as it will continue to be my daily driver. I have been looking into an aux fuel kit and im sure it can deliver enough fuel, but is it? Can i hit 400whp and not have knock with an aux kit on 93? Or do i also need meth due to octane. Thank you for any feedback!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Ok ive asked quite a few people and have gotten different answers. Im going big turbo in a few months and im looking for about 400whp. I know oem fuel is limited around 350whp, i do not have access to e85, and id rather not run meth as it will continue to be my daily driver. I have been looking into an aux fuel kit and im sure it can deliver enough fuel, but is it? Can i hit 400whp and not have knock with an aux kit on 93? Or do i also need meth due to octane. Thank you for any feedback!
Stratifieds Xtra Fuel system supports their BT setup into the 500whp ranges. Looks quite simple as far as set up and no aux fuel tanks which is nice.

EcoBoost 2.0 Xtra Fuel System V2.0 (Aux Fueling) [Ecoboost20_Xtra_Fuel] - $900.00USD : Stratified Automotive Controls

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
You'll very likely need meth for octane. I was octane limited with my BT at around 370whp running just stock fuel.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My only concern is do i need meth tho, im sure that 500whp is with e85 or another high octane fuel. Im trying to hit 400whp with only 93 on the pump.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
It comes down to your local fuel quality. You might be able to get to 400whp on 93, but at that power you'll very likely need aux fuel.

Personally, I would recommend running meth or ethanol just for the extra cooling to help your motor out in the long run.

You should talk with your tuner about this.

Reactions: lightskinbrother

·
Registered
862 Posts
That turbo is going to be pretty stretched out at that point I have a gtx3071 and I am going to be about tapped out around 460ish at the tire with the stratified 4 port system on e50. I wish I would have got a 3076 and I might have been able to scrape the 5 hundro mark... just make sure you do your reaserch and line all your ducks in a row or you are going to have a lot more to think about than what turbo you want and what aux system.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Most people in the 400hp club have WMI or E30-50 from what I've read. I'm running E40, and on paper I look to be around 400-420hp on a 2867r with .86ar housing (longer spool, but more top end power than .64ar)

·
Registered
163 Posts
100% need octane. Won't make it on 93 unfortunately

1 - 11 of 11 Posts