Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
904 Posts
ST is the only car you see out there and be sure it's a stick. You see more GTI's becuase it's offered in auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AlmightyGlory

·
Registered
42 Posts
ST is the only car you see out there and be sure it's a stick. You see more GTI's becuase it's offered in auto.
Indeed. One reason I still have respect for Ford is they recognize that real drivers cars like the ST, RS and high end Mustangs can only really be enjoyed with a manual.

Not to say the GTI is a bad car, far from it but it just saddens me that they're willing to dumb it down with an auto. Same for Fiat and the 500 Abarth. I was pretty dissapointed when they announced it was getting an automatic option.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I don't really think that Ford would get rid of the manual transmission option in the ST's since it is marketed as a "driver's car." That being said, I'm not sure where the whole stigma around automatic transmissions come from. A good auto will beat a manual transmission every time and it allows you to keep both hands on the wheel at all times.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I don't really think that Ford would get rid of the manual transmission option in the ST's since it is marketed as a "driver's car." That being said, I'm not sure where the whole stigma around automatic transmissions come from. A good auto will beat a manual transmission every time and it allows you to keep both hands on the wheel at all times.
It's not about which is faster. It's about being engaged in the driving experience, and having control over the car.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
"A Good automatic"...yes.
The SelectShift auto in the N/A Focus is most definitely not a "good automatic".

Reactions: Lou64

·
Registered
47 Posts
They do offer automatics in certain European markets. I'd like a eurospec 6m diesel st to make it's way into my garage so I can compound turbo it. 60psi boost and rolling coal.... In an st..... Dream come true

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts