Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

· Registered
2,002 Posts
Bridge City Autosports next weekend at PIR

School $80 includes club membership. If you're already a member, the club membership portion will be refunded.
https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....73D7338B256665
So far only 17 people signed up. One FoST (me) and three FiST. Yeah, you may be wondering why I'm attending? Seat time, man, seat time!

Followed by first event of their season. $40 non-members, $31 members.
https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....AAD8F05D405582
28 entries so far, which is very, very few. Typically they have 6-8 runs, but with this few I predict even more.

· Registered
2,002 Posts
I just got additional info for the BCA autocross school. There appears to be a cap of 24 entries, so 7 spots are still available. The curriculum includes two short courses and a skidpad, all will be run with an instructor on board, 4 hrs of seat time in the morning. After a supplied lunch break from 1p-2p, a single course (larger?) will be run as if it is an autocross event, so another hour of seat time.

· Registered
2,002 Posts
I just got additional info for the BCA autocross school. There appears to be a cap of 24 entries, so 7 spots are still available. The curriculum includes two short courses and a skidpad, all will be run with an instructor on board, 4 hrs of seat time in the morning. After a supplied lunch break from 1p-2p, a single course (larger?) will be run as if it is an autocross event, so another hour of seat time.
Hmm, not sure if BCA is sticking with a cap of 24 entries for the school. There are 26 entries now and the head honchos are saying it is not too late to sign up. Breakfast and lunch are provided.

School $80 includes club membership. If you're already a member, the club membership portion will be refunded.
https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....73D7338B256665

· Registered
1,799 Posts
Signed up for the Pro Solo in Fontana if any west coast GS/STH folks wanna come out and play in a different type of auto x experience.

· Registered
2,002 Posts
Signed up for the Pro Solo in Fontana if any west coast GS/STH folks wanna come out and play in a different type of auto x experience.
Next year, I promise!

· Registered
2,002 Posts
Puget Sound folks, Bremerton Sports Car Club has a school on Saturday. Limited to 50 students. Bremerton's first event is on Sunday.

Eugene and more southern folks, Emerald Empire Sports Car Club has their first & second events on Saturday & Sunday at the Douglas County Speedway in Roseburg. I expect all those trees that fell across the roads will be cleaned up by then and power restored.

Meanwhile, I'll be at PIR again as Oregon Region SCCA starts has their first & second events on Saturday & Sunday. Weather forecast suggests it should be above freezing by the time 2nd runs are underway, but at least it will be somewhat sunny, dry, & without snow!

· Registered
2,002 Posts
Emerald Empire Sports Car Club has cancelled this weekend's events at Douglas County Speedway due to snow. For those not familiar with EESCC, their first event has always been called "Icebreaker", so there's great irony in being canceled due to snow.

· Registered
2,002 Posts
Oregon Region SCCA Solo says:
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! We are delaying this weekend's events by 1 hour, to let everyone thaw out. Modified schedule as follows:
7:30 - Site Opens
8:45-9:30 - Driver Check In, On Site Registration and Tech Inspection Open
9:30 - Course closed for walking
9:45 - Drivers Meeting/Heat 1 cars to grid
10:00 - First Car on course

· Registered
2,002 Posts
In the Portland area, one can go to the SCCA event at PIR on Sunday, which is where I'll be.

Or take a trip up the Columbia Gorge to the Tri-Cities (Kennewick, Pasco, & Richland) to run with Sand and Sage Sports Car Club to run on either/both Saturday and Sunday. Do check check with the club on Facebook or their web site (Contact SSSCC - Sand and Sage Sports Car Club), though, as they still had snow on the ground this last weekend.

· Registered
2,002 Posts
Good thing you signed up early for the PCA autocross as it appears to be sold out now!

So apart from PCA, other autocross action this last weekend of March includes:
- Willamette Motor Club is having a Novice day at the Oregon State Fairgrounds in Salem on Saturday followed by their first points event on Sunday.
- Bremerton Sports Car Club is holding a points event on Sunday at Bremerton Raceway.
- SCCA Pro Solo is at Crows Landing all weekend (good luck to Yongzhe Wen in Street 4 in his ST; and also to Ryan and Lacey Otis from Scappoose who are taking their RS)
- And I'll be in Medford for Siskiyou Sports Car Club's Spring Enduro.

· Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good thing you signed up early for the PCA autocross as it appears to be sold out now!

So apart from PCA, other autocross action this last weekend of March includes:
- Willamette Motor Club is having a Novice day at the Oregon State Fairgrounds in Salem on Saturday followed by their first points event on Sunday.
- Bremerton Sports Car Club is holding a points event on Sunday at Bremerton Raceway.
- SCCA Pro Solo is at Crows Landing all weekend (good luck to Yongzhe Wen in Street 4 in his ST; and also to Ryan and Lacey Otis from Scappoose who are taking their RS)
- And I'll be in Medford for Siskiyou Sports Car Club's Spring Enduro.
sells out quick. look forward to it, see how it goes and I might hit up a few more events this year

· Registered
2,002 Posts
sells out quick. look forward to it, see how it goes and I might hit up a few more events this year
Did you enjoy it? How many runs did PCA do?

· Registered
2,002 Posts
Ryan won Street 4 and Yongzhe took 3rd of 9 in the same class, and Lacey took 4th of 10 in Ladies Class 3. Those are all trophy positions!

· Registered
2,002 Posts
For this first weekend of April:
- WWSCC is at Sanderson Field in Shelton for a points event on Saturday.
- Autosports Northwest is at Deer Park Airport (Spokane) for two event days.
- SCCA Pro Solo is in Fontana at Auto Club Speedway all weekend (good luck to our very own Sid Elorde, Trevor Brown, and Yongzhe Wen in their STs; and also to Ryan and Lacey Otis from Scappoose who are taking their RS)
- And I'll be in Dallesport all weekend for Bridge City Autosport's event at the Columbia Gorge Regional Airport. Practice on Saturday (2 courses) and a points event on Sunday.

· Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did you enjoy it? How many runs did PCA do?
8 runs... it was the time of my life behind the wheel of my Focus slaying cones

Took 2nd out of the STs that were there (7 STs). and 7th in a stacked class (guy in my class that took first also took first overall so) and 22 over all out of 60 cars.

· Registered
2,002 Posts
For April 13-14:
- Emerald Empire Sports Car Club is at Douglas County Speedway (Roseburg, OR) for their 53rd Annual Icebreaker on Saturday and a second event on Sunday.
- Northwest Region SCCA is at Bremerton on Sunday.
- And I'll be visiting Sand And Sage Sports Car club at Tri-Cities Raceway (near West Richland, WA) for separate events on Saturday & Sunday.

· Registered
1,799 Posts
Fontana was my first Pro Solo event and it was definitely a great experience and different from the standard national tour or match tour format that I'm used to. 4 tenths seperated the last trophy spot up to 11th place. That's some super tight competition in a category that included a variety of cars from DS,GS,FS and STH. Seeing Trevor Brown's STH prepped ST and going over my vids only made it more evident that the need for an LSD is real. While I am able to monkey my way around course fairly well, the open diff combined with the extra power makes the car a bit more work to drive than necessary. Ryan is an awesome driver btw and so is Kaustav who got the 4th Trophy spot in his FoST. Despite my standings this weekend, I feel good knowing that the drivers in this field were pretty much some of the cream of the crop of the west coast.

Reactions: gemery
1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.