Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...I was about to be ripped off by a company....agreed on $800....they said the driver isn't available but they can get one for $1000 now. Freaking rip off. I hate this industry!!!!

Can anyone actually recommend an auto shipper that is legit...that you can trust and does good business? I am so gun shy now I don't trust anything that google comes up with. I went on USAA and they don't have anyone they work with. Just need a car to go from Indiana to Arizona.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Darrin

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ok...I was about to be ripped off by a company....agreed on $800....they said the driver isn't available but they can get one for $1000 now. Freaking rip off. I hate this industry!!!!

Can anyone actually recommend an auto shipper that is legit...that you can trust and does good business? I am so gun shy now I don't trust anything that google comes up with. I went on USAA and they don't have anyone they work with. Just need a car to go from Indiana to Arizona.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Darrin
I can find out who my customer used for the Zetec ST... Was like 750-800 each way.. Cali to Indiana and back

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for checking!!!

I would love to find someone that could do it for $800 that I could trust. But at this point I am looking at flying and driving back. Just have a lot on my plate. Latest snow storm took out a tree in my yard that in turn knocked down my power and cable lines. And my roof is leaking after this latest storm. And the driver wheel bearing went out on the Ram power wagon yesterday. So I have have to worry about all of that as well as trying to get this car. Why...because I only have 500 miles left for my TDI buyback and my appointment is not until March 21. And I commute 100 miles a day and well the powerwagon won't do so hot on that commute.

At least I have my health right....not everyone does so I am thankful for that.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Shoot give me 500 and a plane ticket and I got you covered lol

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Georgetown IN to Flagstaff AZ.

I thought about having someone drive it but if it came to that I will just fly myself. Thank you for offering that up.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I don't have the time or means to get the car to AZ, but if you find a shipper, I can run over to Georgetown for you and inspect the car and see that it gets loaded. What's the seller's name?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lol since this thing rose from the dead I'll leave in my 5 cents and say that I like to use Ship vehicles as a car shipping company. I've used them in the past a few times (the last one being a few months ago) and they have always been very nice and in very professional. I've been moving around the country a lot on the past few years and not always was I able to drive the car myself so I had to resort to using a shipping company. I used that one specifically because they were not that expensive, allow you both closed and open shipping and in general the staff was very nice. So if you need a good shipping company you should give them a go

__
You can check them here: https://www.shipvehicles.com/about/

·
Banned
885 Posts
Uncertainty & shipping costs are the main reasons I opted against it. Sure, the price of the ST might be 2-3k less but because it’s 1000-2000 miles away, by the time you pay for shipping costs, it’s pretty much a washout. And I couldn’t get over putting an ST on the back of an open carrier for 2000 miles & praying it would arrive in perfect condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts