Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 15 ST3 with the push button start. I rarely take the keys out of my pocket but when I shut the car off an get out the way I lock it is via the lock switch on the door before I get out. Is there a way to have the car lock when it loses contact with the key fob?

·
Registered
768 Posts
I think he means the ability for the car to lock on it's own, without touching a thing, after the key fob is a certain distance or out of range from the car. No, our cars don't have that ability.

My Lexus had a feature that if you unlocked the car but didn't open a door or trunk within a set amount of time, the car would relock. That was kinda cool. Haven't tried to see if this thing does that. Guessing not.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Would be nice to have that feature, always fearful that i'll just walk away without remembering to hit the little black tab on the door handle, it wouldn't be too hard for Ford to incorporate this into their cars.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I've had my car for a month now, and just learned today (in a different thread) that the little black square locks it...I thought for sure walking away with the fob would do it, but tested it and found out that's not the case. The little black touchy thing is so much easier than having to dig the fob out and hit the middle button.

·
Registered
311 Posts
That feature would be a real hassle. My car is always parked in my garage, unlocked. If I need to go out and retrieve something, or access the car for whatever reason, I don't want to have to remember to get the fob.

·
Registered
121 Posts
That feature would be a real hassle. My car is always parked in my garage, unlocked. If I need to go out and retrieve something, or access the car for whatever reason, I don't want to have to remember to get the fob.

If its in your garage leave the fob in it.

My wifes cx-5 auto locks. Its a great feature. Beeps once when all the doors are closed, and beeps twice when you are far enough away to lock. If a door is still open and i walk away it doesn't lock. I have noticed if the fob is in the same pocket as my cell phone it sometiems wont work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts