Ford Focus ST Forum banner
6821 - 6840 of 6845 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
What parts are ya looking to buy? Also, if youre planningvon Modding the car. I'd consider starting a build thread now so you don't have to go back and update it all 2 years down the road. 😅
My current plans a pretty modest tbh Accessport, Down pipe, FMIC, and exhaust. I'll def start a thread once I actually have my car back 😅

· Registered
7 Posts
New to the platform, came fors 2.3 turbo stuff had a 89 merkur xr4ti ran on holley dominator. Just bought a cobb accessport and waiting for cobb to get there stuff together so I can get accesstuner so I can adjust my own mapping. Anyone have insight on when this may be available? Email efi university about trying to get into the class and they said cobb is not offering it currently and does not know if they will. Emailed cobb and they won't tell me nothing lol. Is there a loop hole to getting the program? Thanks
Brent

· Registered
2,149 Posts
Last time I looked, you just clicked on a link via the COBB website and it would take you to the EFI baloney so you could sign up for $100+ and get started with an online course. There are a few guys on here that have taken it and have the certificate they send you (via email I think ROFL). I'm gonna go check it out right now and will report back.

Edit: Yeah, super lame. "not available at this time" is news to me. Plus, the entire support page for Ford is gone!! WTH @COBB?!

· Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone. I recently purchased a 2013 Focus ST ST2, and so far the only issue I'm having is with the SYNC2 system and my phone. I have a Pixel 4a5G, and with the phone paired via Bluetooth, I can never get the song/artist information to display. It always says "Unknown Artist/Unknown Title". The previous owner had a Pixel 6 and had no problems with this, and every phone they had displayed metadata just fine. I'm curious if anyone else has run into this issue. I have tried pairing the phone multiple times, system resets, etc. Most information I've been able to search for is almost a decade old, so hopefully someone has some modern insight. I hoping I don't have to just cave and do a SYNC 3 upgrade haha.

· Registered
2,149 Posts
@akd , I don't actually have Sync 2, but have you tried to tether a USB cable to the console to engage Android Auto, or is this something (like album art and song list) that should be displayed yet isn;t?

Keep searching around this site though, tons of posts about Sync 2 issues and upgrades.

· Registered
3 Posts
@akd , I don't actually have Sync 2, but have you tried to tether a USB cable to the console to engage Android Auto, or is this something (like album art and song list) that should be displayed yet isn;t?

Keep searching around this site though, tons of posts about Sync 2 issues and upgrades.
I have tried this, although not to engage Android Auto as that is only available on SYNC 3 APIMs. That said, I wasn't able to get the phone to connect via USB for media play as well, I kept getting a generic error that was like "failed USB connection".

· Registered
3 Posts
So, a quick follow up for anyone who may have this issue in the future. Apparently this is a very specific problem for Pixel 4a5G and Pixel 5 phones. I had to go into my developer options on my phone and change my Bluetooth ACVRP from 1.5 to 1.3 and reboot the phone. This resets the metadata cache. SYNC2 is displaying metadata from all apps now. This will now hold me over until I can source some cheap SYNC3 parts and do the upgrade lol.

· Registered
15 Posts
So I just picked up a 2014 that has a Roush CAI and exhaust, the symposer delete and a Boomba short shifter. So far thats' all I've found. I plan on getting under it this weekend to check out the DP and rear motor mount but I'm assuming that's about all that's been done to it. It didn't come with an A/P. I read somewhere about using the cruise control to check to see if there are different slots/maps that are already on there. This seems really strange to me, so I just wanted to verify it here before I try it out. If it does respond by moving the tach to different levels, is there any way to know what the slot is without having the A/P? I plan on getting one eventually I guess since it seems to be a necessity for these. My built blobeye WRX/STI conversion was open source tuned so I've never used the Cobb A/P before. I'm not going for anything crazy. It seems the overall consensus is that the blocks and internals are reliable up to around 350 HP so somewhere around there will most likely be my goal. Def going to do the intercooler first as mine still has the shutters so I'm assuming its stock. Catch can as well since that seems to be a reliability/maintenance issue as well as performance. I had a few folks already point me towards Jimmy and ESP for an affordable, quality intercooler. Any suggestions on catch cans would be great. Its crazy how much they range in price. Is a $300 one really THAT much better than a $50 or $100 one?

· Registered
15 Posts
Also, it has 93k on it and seems to run great. After clicking around on here for the past couple hours it seems like everyone is doing that valve cleaning/walnut blasting well before 90k. Is this something I should worry about even though its running perfect?

· Registered
2,149 Posts
@Singlebarrel79 , It's pretty quick to pull the intake manifold off and look at the valves. Definitely something to do while installing a catch can to the PCV side. At 93k miles, if the valves haven't been cleaned yet, the car is likely to benefit from it! Walnut blasting is not the only method, so search around on here to see what some of the other members have done.
The catch cans themselves are pretty much just a machined aluminum can with a screw top lid/bottom. The main cost difference you'll find is going to be the interior baffles/media and the connectors (if they come pretty much ready to install or need to modify stuff to make it fit). Or just because the current market is bonkers... 🤷‍♂️ I certainly recommend getting one that has a drain valve you can quickly access and empty it from below the car. Personally I don't like unscrewing those things, lol.

There are still a few deals going on for FMIC's, so just search around. It took me about 2 days to find what I wanted for a decent price. My first FMIC was a Depo racing 3.5" one and it worked just fine here in the TX heat. I went with a CP-e for the current one.

I had a few WRX's before I picked up a Focus, and the engines are quite a bit different for sure. Obvious reply, I know, but here is a video to what the COBB AP map switching thing is so you can see if the previous owner was sleeping when he sold it and left the AP installed, lol:

P.S. you'll effin' LOVE how much more easy it is to change spark plugs! Just not how often you need to do it :p The ST's really are hard on plugs, so check out the ruthenium ones available. They've lasted twice as long as iridium's for me.

Reactions: MtnMan

· Registered
19 Posts
How do I get the ability to comment or reply in for sale ads? I am guessing it’s by making a certain number of comments and thread posts. I was looking at a filter, intercooler, and so forth. I picked up a 2018 ST2 2 weeks ago and I had a Gen 1 speed three 5-6 years ago so the itch to upgrade has been there since before I even got the car haha. Any help would be great

· Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
9,373 Posts
How do I get the ability to comment or reply in for sale ads? I am guessing it’s by making a certain number of comments and thread posts. I was looking at a filter, intercooler, and so forth. I picked up a 2018 ST2 2 weeks ago and I had a Gen 1 speed three 5-6 years ago so the itch to upgrade has been there since before I even got the car haha. Any help would be great
You need 30 days of membership and 25 posts to participate in marketplace. Post-bombing and segmented posts will be deleted.

Contribute to the community, make an introduction thread, read all the stickies, search for questions you may have regarding your new ride, and enjoy!

· Registered
19 Posts
You need 30 days of membership and 25 posts to participate in marketplace. Post-bombing and segmented posts will be deleted.

Contribute to the community, make an introduction thread, read all the stickies, search for questions you may have regarding your new ride, and enjoy!
Okay awesome! Thanks for the info and I’ll get on that

Also can I DM the seller? There are a few things I’d like to get soon, if not that’s totally cool

· Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
9,373 Posts
Okay awesome! Thanks for the info and I’ll get on that

Also can I DM the seller? There are a few things I’d like to get soon, if not that’s totally cool
No, there are limits to that as well, they were put in place due to the amount of scammers we get trying to rip people off here.

· Registered
2,558 Posts
Okie dokie then
Make yourself an intro thread, post up some pics of your ST and that'll get you at least a couple. The Mods aren't trying to be mean, but you wouldn't belieeevveee the sheer amount of bots and scammers that create accounts here day after day.

6821 - 6840 of 6845 Posts