Ford Focus ST Forum banner
6781 - 6800 of 6834 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
7,571 Posts
Okay folks, talk me into not buying a ST tomorrow.

It's a 2015 Canadian Stage 3. Anything I should watch for at the dealer on the car? Any advice is appreciated, totally new member here but I've done the online forum thing many times.
Stage 3, or st3?

Aside from the typical things to look out for (rust, etc) Get a compression check done. A lot of these cars are returned to stock before being traded in, and you have no idea what the history is. Helps to have a good bill of health for the engine going into it.

Also reasearch LSPi here on the forums (using the search bar) and make sure you avoid it when you gwr the car. You can blow it up in short order just by driving it wrong.

Reactions: gemery

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Okay folks, talk me into not buying a ST tomorrow.

It's a 2015 Canadian Stage 3. Anything I should watch for at the dealer on the car? Any advice is appreciated, totally new member here but I've done the online forum thing many times.
Compression test. If tuned, make sure they include the device (unless FRRP).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Stage 3, or st3?

Aside from the typical things to look out for (rust, etc) Get a compression check done. A lot of these cars are returned to stock before being traded in, and you have no idea what the history is. Helps to have a good bill of health for the engine going into it.

Also reasearch LSPi here on the forums (using the search bar) and make sure you avoid it when you gwr the car. You can blow it up in short order just by driving it wrong.
ST3. Sorry still figuring out the lingo.

I'm safe compression wise I think. This one came off lease. No molestation, it was dealer serviced and inspected. Someone was crazy enough to lease a 40K car for 6 years and it's my luck it there. I'll ask if they can do one though.

·
Super Moderator
7,571 Posts
ST3. Sorry still figuring out the lingo.

I'm safe compression wise I think. This one came off lease. No molestation, it was dealer serviced and inspected. Someone was crazy enough to lease a 40K car for 6 years and it's my luck it there. I'll ask if they can do one though.
6 year lease? Thats wild!

You'll have to pay for a compression test, that wont be a freebie.

·
Registered
27 Posts
6 year lease? Thats wild!

You'll have to pay for a compression test, that wont be a freebie.
I wouldn't of believed it but in Alberta you can pull the registry information through AMVIC if your dealer is up for it. The car was a lease, and there's proof in the registry up until last month. It's at a GM dealer because they did a trade with the shortage of used of up right now. You Americano's are stealing most of our used cars. This one likely would of spent one more week on lot and then, poof, off to the US for 20% more money but 90ish days before payment.

·
Super Moderator
7,571 Posts
I wouldn't of believed it but in Alberta you can pull the registry information through AMVIC if your dealer is up for it. The car was a lease, and there's proof in the registry up until last month. It's at a GM dealer because they did a trade with the shortage of used of up right now. You Americano's are stealing most of our used cars. This one likely would of spent one more week on lot and then, poof, off to the US for 20% more money but 90ish days before payment.
Well i hope it turns out to be a nice car and you can make a deal! Keep us posted

Reactions: TressN

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus St - Tuxedo Black ST2
21 Posts
Can someone help me figure out the part numbers for oem strut and shock mounts and bearings. I have an early 2013 ST and am looking into replacing the stock shocks and struts with B6’s. From my searching I know it’s a good idea to replace with mounts and bearings at the same time, but I can’t seem to figure out the right parts to get for my specific car (I know ford changed the suspension a bit midway through 2013, but my car is from before that change) because multiple parts seem to fit my car according to most part websites. I’d like to just replace them with identical oem parts.

Any help anyone is willing to give putting together a list of parts that should be replaced with the dampers would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Can someone help me figure out the part numbers for oem strut and shock mounts and bearings. I have an early 2013 ST and am looking into replacing the stock shocks and struts with B6’s. From my searching I know it’s a good idea to replace with mounts and bearings at the same time, but I can’t seem to figure out the right parts to get for my specific car (I know ford changed the suspension a bit midway through 2013, but my car is from before that change) because multiple parts seem to fit my car according to most part websites. I’d like to just replace them with identical oem parts.

Any help anyone is willing to give putting together a list of parts that should be replaced with the dampers would be appreciated.
They switched up half way through 2014; these parts are correct.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks, that helps. I’m still a little confused though. On the list at that link I see a Left Strut Mount and Bearing (#24 and 25 on the list), but nothing for the right, and nothing at all for the rear shocks.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ah, ok, that’s great to know. Thank you. So those mounts and bearings will work in the front and with shocks in the rear on both sides?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well i hope it turns out to be a nice car and you can make a deal! Keep us posted
I pulled the trigger today!

Car is in my garage. Long story short it's in very good mechanical shape. As said, the car was a lease for 6 years (one leasee) so it's bone factory stock. It also has full service records from Ford and passed a compression test no problem (no cylinders out more than 5 PSI).

It's race red and looks incredible. There is the odd ding and two cracks in the bumper but I can live with that. 70K miles will do that. The interior is perfect. It is a ST3 package car.

I've already ordered mods lol. Not chasing power yet so just things I normally do. I ran a boosted 2013 Tacoma with a ton of supporting mods so I'm not a stranger to FI engines. First thing up was ordering new plugs since the service guide calls for them very soon. I went with LTR7BHX because I have nothing but awesome things to say about NGKs Ruthenium lineup. They were the only plugs to run on TW if you were going to mod and going one step colder will support future mods. Next is a new PCV valve and catch can. I know I could of just done the catch can, but if you're going to take the intake manifold off you may as well change the valve while you're right there. Last I've ordered a Sync 2 -> 3 upgrade kit. I've had pretty much every version of the F150 for work since 2007 and Sync 3 was the first system Ford put out that I really liked. So that was a no brainer. I went with a not-Chinese eBay vendor who also programs the units as a part of the price.

That's it for now lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey there friends, I’m having an issue with my Bov not holding pressure. Was fine a couple of days ago, I haven’t installed anything new or something. I am curious if it is just the Bov needing tightening or what? I’m lost af haha

·
Super Moderator
7,571 Posts
Hey there friends, I’m having an issue with my Bov not holding pressure. Was fine a couple of days ago, I haven’t installed anything new or something. I am curious if it is just the Bov needing tightening or what? I’m lost af haha

This is common. They get dirty and start sticking. Follow that video on how to clean and lube it. I think they recommend every 6 months to prevent this From happening.

Reactions: Red Pepper
6781 - 6800 of 6834 Posts