Ford Focus ST Forum banner
6761 - 6780 of 6793 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
So, I ordered the JBR cold side with hks. Didn't realize it didn't come with the block off plate like the cpe kit, so I ordered one of those as I didn't really like their rubber cap/ziptie/spring solution.

Anyways, the hose gets disconnected from the bypass valve as well as an end gets removed and capped on the solenoid on the valve cover. Are these in fact two ends of the same hose after which this hose can be pulled out? Also, I'll be running a true vacuum source from the symposer delete.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Come take a visit to Lynchburg. I've got a guy. Lol
Might have to take you up on that if I have any issues next year. 😂 My Ford dealership does inspections for absolutely free. Previous customer or not. Ford vehicle or not. So, can't beat those prices.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Might have to take you up on that if I have any issues next year. 😂 My Ford dealership does inspections for absolutely free. Previous customer or not. Ford vehicle or not. So, can't beat those prices.
Lol. Same. We have one of those here too!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Lol. Same. We have one of those here too!
Nice! Hopefully I dont run into any issues next year tho. But if I do, I'll be hitting you up for a little cruise out your way.

Did you happen to see my first post above the. One you replied to? Any experience with those things?

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Nice! Hopefully I dont run into any issues next year tho. But if I do, I'll be hitting you up for a little cruise out your way.

Did you happen to see my first post above the. One you replied to? Any experience with those things?
Ooh. No, I didn't see that. Yes they are the same hose, and I capped both ends of mine.
I ended up with the CPE kit. Will be helpful for WMI in the future.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ooh. No, I didn't see that. Yes they are the same hose, and I capped both ends of mine.
I ended up with the CPE kit. Will be helpful for WMI in the future.
The JBR has the bung already in as well. In case I want to go that route.

I didn't like the map tap. So, that's why I went with the JBR kit and a Cobb symposer delete with vacuum tap. Didn't notice the JBR didn't have a block off plate. They use a hose cap, a stronger replacement spring to keep the stock bypass valve from leaking and a zip tie... So I ordered a turbo smart block off plate.

Did you go hks or tial?

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
The JBR has the bung already in as well. In case I want to go that route.

I didn't like the map tap. So, that's why I went with the JBR kit and a Cobb symposer delete with vacuum tap. Didn't notice the JBR didn't have a block off plate. They use a hose cap, a stronger replacement spring to keep the stock bypass valve from leaking and a zip tie... So I ordered a turbo smart block off plate.

Did you go hks or tial?
HKS. Already had a symposer delete so I didn't use the maptap.

·
Registered
74 Posts
HKS. Already had a symposer delete so I didn't use the maptap.
You using the insert that it came with? I remembered from years ago a buddy had a speed6 with an hks and was saying it had different inserts. I can't find any ST videos using the different inserts. But I got the purple one, it's supposed to be the high freq one.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
You using the insert that it came with? I remembered from years ago a buddy had a speed6 with an hks and was saying it had different inserts. I can't find any ST videos using the different inserts. But I got the purple one, it's supposed to be the high freq one.
Only comes with one insert(pre-installed), and it is the higher pitched insert. Sounfs excellent!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Only comes with one insert(pre-installed), and it is the higher pitched insert. Sounfs excellent!
With your cpe kit, did the hks have play and able to rotate easily? I think the groove on the jbr kit is a little deep for the hks included oring. Jbr doesn't include one in their kit. So, I'm stuck trying to find an oring at hardware stores now. Unless it's supposed to have some wiggle room, which doesn't seem right.

Edit C clip wasnt pressed in all the way.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
With your cpe kit, did the hks have play and able to rotate easily? I think the groove on the jbr kit is a little deep for the hks included oring. Jbr doesn't include one in their kit. So, I'm stuck trying to find an oring at hardware stores now. Unless it's supposed to have some wiggle room, which doesn't seem right.

Edit C clip wasnt pressed in all the way.
Was about to say. Should have NO play at all. Needs to be TIGHT. You should grab it and try to wiggle it off. Shouldn't move at all.
Make sure it's oriented the right way.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Was about to say. Should have NO play at all. Needs to be TIGHT. You should grab it and try to wiggle it off. Shouldn't move at all.
Make sure it's oriented the right way.
Which way is the right way? It's tight now. But I can still rotate it with some effort.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Which way is the right way? It's tight now. But I can still rotate it with some effort.
Outlet needs to be pointed down to the ground with the CPE kit. Should be in the instructions for you.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
I have the JBR kit. I'd assume its the same tho.
I'd keep the vent side pointed to the ground to prevent water buildup.
JBRs instructions don't provide much insight with this.
The CPE kit had me line up the vacuum line port with the pipe headed towards the throttle body.
Helmet Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'd keep the vent side pointed to the ground to prevent water buildup.
JBRs instructions don't provide much insight with this.
The CPE kit had me line up the vacuum line port with the pipe headed towards the throttle body. View attachment 399187
Yeah I saw those instructions... Lol. It just says now you can install the bov 😂 anyways, that's how I currently have mine oriented. Waiting on the block off plate to install this. Don't wanna have to take the wheel off twice. Lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
@Skykri the stock focus recirc valve goes off a lot. I know its normal. But I'll be accelerating like 50-60% throttle to speed and it opens randomly mid accel. It's super weird to me. Is it normal for this thing to do that?

And running my new one off true source will stop this from happening correct?

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
@Skykri the stock focus recirc valve goes off a lot. I know its normal. But I'll be accelerating like 50-60% throttle to speed and it opens randomly mid accel. It's super weird to me. Is it normal for this thing to do that?

And running my new one off true source will stop this from happening correct?
Yeah, it'll do that.
Edit: Duh HKS
No, it won't go off randomly. Only when you let off gas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay folks, talk me into not buying a ST tomorrow.

It's a 2015 Canadian Stage 3. Anything I should watch for at the dealer on the car? Any advice is appreciated, totally new member here but I've done the online forum thing many times.

6761 - 6780 of 6793 Posts