Ford Focus ST Forum banner
6701 - 6720 of 6731 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
It's 499. Which isn't bad. The "beast" from depo is 439. Would you go with the cvf over the beast for stock turbo (maybe upgrade in the future) any downside to running such a large intercooler so soon?
I have the CVF. I haven't installed it yet tho. Thing looks NICE. I did talk to another guy on FB that just installed it and did some datalogs and says it's working nicely
Grille Bumper Automotive exterior Flooring Automotive tire

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
5,267 Posts
It's 499. Which isn't bad. The "beast" from depo is 439. Would you go with the cvf over the beast for stock turbo (maybe upgrade in the future) any downside to running such a large intercooler so soon?
People run the larger intercoolers stock turbo with no detrimental effects. You will be just fine.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Also i would check the cvf website or hit up graveyard. They have some sratch and dent for a good price. Cheaper than the Depo actually

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
I'd just keep in mind, if you plan on staying stock turbo for a while, that's a loottt of extra weight if you get a 5.5 as opposed to a 3.5.
I will say, the CVF products I've seen and installed were of great quality so I wouldn't be afraid to spend the little extra on them.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I've been running the depot 3.5 intercooler for a few years now and haven't had any issues. My charge temps are never more than a few degrees over ambient. In the winter my charge dumpster actually lower than the ambient if you take into consideration the calibration of the charge temp sensor being off 18°. I also run Depo intake tube, charge pipes and catted downpipe.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ok. So, in preparation of my AP3 getting here tomorrow, what plugs and gap should I be running? Part # would be great too if possible.

Mods purchased so far that will affect power...
AWE track edition
Depo 3.5 fmic
AP3 obvi... E30 tune from jst.

Edit: found this in my info request. Thanks anyways guys!
Product Rectangle Font Handwriting Circle

·
Registered
45 Posts
Installing my mishimoto intake. At the point where the tube is connected to the turbo. And the supplied pcv tube is connected to the valve cover. Have some left over parts? Pcv sensor and this thing...
Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Hood Bumper

My question is does the sensor get deleted with this? And what's thay extra piece of tube?

·
Super Moderator
10,469 Posts
Installing my mishimoto intake. At the point where the tube is connected to the turbo. And the supplied pcv tube is connected to the valve cover. Have some left over parts? Pcv sensor and this thing... View attachment 398135
My question is does the sensor get deleted with this? And what's thay extra piece of tube?
I'm pretty sure without the sensor you will get a code. There should be a way to adapt it to the new intake.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
I'm pretty sure without the sensor you will get a code. There should be a way to adapt it to the new intake.
Unless he grabbed the wrong version.
Aren't the PFL different than the FL cars where. It comes to that sensor?

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Yes, pre-facelift have no sensor. Thar pictured sensor looks like the factory piece.
I'm just thinking he might have grabbed the PFL intake. That doesn't have a space available for that sensor?

·
Super Moderator
5,267 Posts
All 12.4 is usable? And just in case my estimation of fuel in tank is off, is it better to be over or under slightly on e?
Both are bad for different reasons. Use the fuel level percentage on the AP once you've been sitting still for a minute and it should get you close enough as far as volumes are concerned.

·
Super Moderator
5,267 Posts
I was unaware that the AP had that feature with our cars. Appreciate it man.
Oh yeah! Its a real time reading so when you pull up to the pump you'll see the numbers bouncing around with the fuel slosh. Just got to sit for a second and wait for the fuel to settle down to get an accurate reading.

6701 - 6720 of 6731 Posts