Ford Focus ST Forum banner
6661 - 6680 of 6682 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,048 Posts
Ok boys, still learning here and can't find a definitive answer searching.
Are the OEM premium wheels 5x108 8in wide?
Or 7.5 in wide?
8" wide.

Reactions: Skykri

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Sweet. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Or 7.5 in wide?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Or 7.5 in wide?
18x8, 5x108, +55 offset. Same as the snowflake wheels, even same weight.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Ok, noob question on Android auto.

Right now, I have my personal phone paired with Sync 3 through BT. Basically replicating Sync 2 functionality - make receive calls, text, etc.

Now, I want to connect my second (work) phone through Android Auto. I will use this phone for Waze, streaming music, etc. This should be doable, right? I don't need to take work calls when driving. And i assume the work phone connected through Android auto will not interfere in any way with my personal phone's connectivity through BT?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Ok, noob question on Android auto.

Right now, I have my personal phone paired with Sync 3 through BT. Basically replicating Sync 2 functionality - make receive calls, text, etc.

Now, I want to connect my second (work) phone through Android Auto. I will use this phone for Waze, streaming music, etc. This should be doable, right? I don't need to take work calls when driving. And i assume the work phone connected through Android auto will not interfere in any way with my personal phone's connectivity through BT?

Thanks!
I've done it with my Wifes 2017 Ford Explorer Sport. I was streaming audio from my phone while hers was the "connected" one.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I've done it with my Wifes 2017 Ford Explorer Sport. I was streaming audio from my phone while hers was the "connected" one.
Weird. I don't understand how to do this. When I connect my work phone by USB and start Android Connect, it seems to take over as the primary connected phone. I'll have to play around with it some more to figure this out.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Weird. I don't understand how to do this. When I connect my work phone by USB and start Android Connect, it seems to take over as the primary connected phone. I'll have to play around with it some more to figure this out.
So, I've been able to use the regular sync3 system to connect one phone for music/media.
And still have my phone connected for calls and texts.
However, when plugging the phone in for waze, the plugged phone takes everything over.
Is this similar to what you're experiencing?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Yes, pretty much.

First, I connect my personal phone (Phone P) to Sync 3 via BT. I can call, text, play music, use the built-in Nav system, etc.

Now, I connect my work phone (Phone W) via USB and go through the Android Auto setup. I can now use Phone W through the Android auto interface to stream music, use Waze, Google, make calls, etc.

However, when I return to the main Sync menu, I can no longer make calls through Phone P. The native Sync 3 phone icon, Nav, etc. are gone. When I look at the connected device list, it shows Phone W as the primary phone.

This is unfortunately an undesirable situation. I want to continue to make/receive calls on Phone P, while using Phone W for music streaming (Pandora, Amazon Music, etc.) and for Waze and Google Maps. I don't need to make/receive calls on Phone W while I am driving.

It seems like this is not possible, or at least I haven't figured out how to do it. Once a phone is connected by USB cable through Android Auto, it takes over all the functionality and becomes the primary device.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Once a phone is connected by USB cable through Android Auto, it takes over all the functionality and becomes the primary device.
Yup, that's been my experience as well.
@brianlovelace any thoughts?

·
Registered
2014 Focus ST3
112 Posts
FWIW, my wife's Escape is the same (with Sync3). I believe it's part of the Android Auto standard that the hardwired phone takes over everything, as every other car I've driven with AA did the exact same thing. Two BT connected phones can split the work, but wired AA ignores BT devices.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Rats, another great idea foiled lol...

My work phone has unlimited data, so I was planning on streaming music on that phone while saving my precious GBs on my personal phone. :D:devilish:

I might be overthinking this... not sure I drive enough to really run the risk of exceeding the monthly data on my phone plan.

·
Super Moderator
10,048 Posts
Rats, another great idea foiled lol...

My work phone has unlimited data, so I was planning on streaming music on that phone while saving my precious GBs on my personal phone. :D:devilish:

I might be overthinking this... not sure I drive enough to really run the risk of exceeding the monthly data on my phone plan.
You could just put a billion songs on a flash drive and done with it... :giggle: (y)

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Tethering off the work phone FTW
Turn the work phone into a mobile Hotspot. Lol

Reactions: Scrumhalf

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Haha, now that's a good idea! 👍

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Just tested it out, works like a charm. Now, I've got to automate the hotspot to come on when the work phone establishes a BT connection to the radar detector. I think this is going to be winner!

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Just tested it out, works like a charm. Now, I've got to automate the hotspot to come on when the work phone establishes a BT connection to the radar detector. I think this is going to be winner!
You could probably use IFFT or Trigger to do that.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
You could probably use IFFT or Trigger to do that.
Yeah, I'm playing around with the apps. I am looking at Automate at the moment. I'll look at the others as well. Basically, I want the BT connection to my radar detector to turn on the hotspot, and a disconnect from the radar detector (when I turn the car off), to turn off the hotspot. Should be a pretty simple flow, just got to learn the syntax.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Greetings
sorry I am posting this questions, as I must not be searching the right topics. I have read 30-50 post, but I have not found a post quite like this issue, 2014 Fiesta ST overheated yesterday, it was a hot humid day in Texas, I just got an inspection. Drove it to get some gas on the way to give it a good cleaning. Filled up, and when I turned on the ignition it immediately when to high temp and lost all power. Drove it way from the gas pump looking for shade, max speed 7-8 mph. 24 hours later.. if you try and start it..it immediately displays high temp alarm and engine light. Oil looks good, no milky antifreeze, no water leaks, not smoking, engine will only idle, no acceleration, but does not sound like it is missing. I am fearing the worse any suggestions on where to start.

6661 - 6680 of 6682 Posts