Ford Focus ST Forum banner

6521 - 6537 of 6537 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
So I gave the alignment shop the spec I want, rear camber -0.8 and they did -1.08 (not FoST). is that close enough or were they lazy. Last time they actually did it to exactly what I asked of -0.8. Also this time thrust angel they did it .03 while last time was 0. (They are all within specs, just not what I asked for exactly)

Front right caster is over the max spec after they adjusted it, talked to a guy and he said sometimes it's hard to get caster within specs. As long as the car drives straight it's no big deal, is that right? (last time they did it to within specs, and when I called they say you can come back and get the front right caster adjusted to within spec, but they can't guarantee that the car will go straight, is that right or are they BSing)

·
Premium Member
3,526 Posts
You're going to find out when the tires start to wear irregular, I'd make sure it's within the specs that you want.

·
Registered
646 Posts
So I gave the alignment shop the spec I want, rear camber -.8 and they did -1.08 (not FoST). is that close enough or were they lazy.
I'd find another alignment shop. That's way outside the accuracy that's possible for camber. Caster isn't as critical.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'd find another alignment shop. That's way outside the accuracy that's possible for camber. Caster isn't as critical.
Thanks a lot that's exactly what I wanted to know, so even -1.08 is within specs, off by 0.28 is a lot? I think they rushed my car!

Last time I asked for -0.8 and they did it to exactly that to all 4, this time the 4 cambers are -1.08 -1.08 -0.76 and -0.87

Last time after I got an alignment there car started to squeak when I pull into/out of parking lots, had to go back and after they tightened a few things and it was fine. This time it seems they made even more mistake and also offered to re-work on my car. I better find another shop and ask for refund! Too many mistakes. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys,
So I'm looking to go big turbo, but I live in California. I know for a fact I'll have to swap out my DP, but will a big turbo and external BOV fail the visual inspection, and if not will it fail the other test?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hey guys,
So I'm looking to go big turbo, but I live in California. I know for a fact I'll have to swap out my DP, but will a big turbo and external BOV fail the visual inspection, and if not will it fail the other test?
Forgive my ignorance since i am not in Cali, but are they real thorough on the visual inspections? Our turbo is buried in the engine bay; its hard to see even on a lift. You could always do EFR and mountune sells a catted dp option for it. It retains a stock like recirc valve and is internally wastegated like the stock turbo. I'd assume if they saw an EWG and a dump pipe, that wouldnt go over well. I'm sure its still not CARB approved but at least harder to notice

·
Registered
4 Posts
Forgive my ignorance since i am not in Cali, but are they real thorough on the visual inspections? Our turbo is buried in the engine bay; its hard to see even on a lift. You could always do EFR and mountune sells a catted dp option for it. It retains a stock like recirc valve and is internally wastegated like the stock turbo. I'd assume if they saw an EWG and a dump pipe, that wouldnt go over well. I'm sure its still not CARB approved but at least harder to notice
Thanks for the response. This is my first modified car, so I haven't really paid attention to how thorough they are with the visual, but from what I've heard they're pretty thorough. I've also heard that even catted dps will fail. But I think you're right, the EFR turbo might be my best bet, although the turbo fitting is different from stock, so if the downpipe won't pass I'd have to swap everything back anyway. It's a nightmare trying to get this to work.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Thanks for the response. This is my first modified car, so I haven't really paid attention to how thorough they are with the visual, but from what I've heard they're pretty thorough. I've also heard that even catted dps will fail. But I think you're right, the EFR turbo might be my best bet, although the turbo fitting is different from stock, so if the downpipe won't pass I'd have to swap everything back anyway. It's a nightmare trying to get this to work.
Since pretty much all these big turbo kits retain stock downpipe location, just reinstall the stock downpipe for inspection and dont run the car hard while its on there. It's kind of a pain but easier than moving to a different state! ;)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Where do people buy replacement stock ST silver wheels now a days? Thanks!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Also its been awhile is there a recall list thread? I was wondering if their was any fuse box or electrical recalls recently? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,526 Posts
Where do people buy replacement stock ST silver wheels now a days? Thanks!
The cost of buying them new is crazy, just need to find them used on the marketplace here. Or buy aftermarket wheels.

·
Premium Member
3,526 Posts
Also its been awhile is there a recall list thread? I was wondering if their was any fuse box or electrical recalls recently? Thanks!
Just go to Fords website and you can put your VIN in to check.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello first post here! I wanted to see if this community had any recommendations for new tires on my 2015 ST.
I still have the stock Goodyear F1 tires, and my car just barely passed 11k miles lol. I rarely drive this little car (bought the car with 2 miles on it lol). But I noticed the other day when my low TP light came on that my tires look pretty bald for only 11k miles.
I'll be looking for new tires in the next few months, as I literally only drive the car 2-4 weekends a month, sometimes just around the block to keep fluids circulating and the battery healthy.
I'm not a tuner, never plan to change anything from stock except the tires of course, and other simple maintenance parts. I do not and will not ever race the car and I'm the guy who rolls his eyes at you when you pull up next to me and rev your loud exhaust lol. I just like to putter around and enjoy my cool little car around town whenever I do drive it, and never drive it hard.
All that said my ideal replacement tires prioritize ride comfort and tread life over anything else. Since I never drive it hard or will street race, I'm not concerned with tires capable of 150+ mph lol. I mean I heck I have a 5 year old car with 11k miles on it haha, I feel like a grandpa lol...thx for any suggestions :)

·
Premium Member
3,526 Posts
Hello first post here! I wanted to see if this community had any recommendations for new tires on my 2015 ST.
I still have the stock Goodyear F1 tires, and my car just barely passed 11k miles lol. I rarely drive this little car (bought the car with 2 miles on it lol). But I noticed the other day when my low TP light came on that my tires look pretty bald for only 11k miles.
I'll be looking for new tires in the next few months, as I literally only drive the car 2-4 weekends a month, sometimes just around the block to keep fluids circulating and the battery healthy.
I'm not a tuner, never plan to change anything from stock except the tires of course, and other simple maintenance parts. I do not and will not ever race the car and I'm the guy who rolls his eyes at you when you pull up next to me and rev your loud exhaust lol. I just like to putter around and enjoy my cool little car around town whenever I do drive it, and never drive it hard.
All that said my ideal replacement tires prioritize ride comfort and tread life over anything else. Since I never drive it hard or will street race, I'm not concerned with tires capable of 150+ mph lol. I mean I heck I have a 5 year old car with 11k miles on it haha, I feel like a grandpa lol...thx for any suggestions :)
What type of driving do you do and in what environment are you doing it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
What type of driving do you do and in what environment are you doing it?
Sorry I should have mentioned my environment, was going to but forgot. I live in Los Angeles area (more of the suburbs really, Whittier to be specific), when I do drive it's to go check my mail at my other home a few blocks away, or grocery store runs, things like that. I've taken it to Las Vegas once, was a fun drive, would do it again probably next year. But a drive like that is rare and not the norm.
My car is the going out somewhere nice car, dinner dates with the wife, Disneyland, occasional movie. Other than that it sits covered in the driveway, it's used solely for pleasure, not a commuter.
I should mention I have a company vehicle for work, which is why my car has such low mileage :)

·
Vendor
396 Posts
Welcome @Cokezero!

Sounds like you found a car you enjoy just being in, nothing wrong with that at all! :)

To jump right into it. There a tons of different options on the market as far as tire choices, so what may work for one person may not be the best choice for another. Tires, by nature are a product of compromise and no tire will score a perfect 5 out of 5 in every performance category, As Elyk864 inquired your driving habits and the environment you are in plays a big part in determining what tire would be the best option.

We would be more than happy in providing further information and assistance with guiding you in your tire selection. PM coming your way!

·
Premium Member
3,526 Posts
6521 - 6537 of 6537 Posts