Ford Focus ST Forum banner

3701 - 3720 of 6610 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Just installed it when I got home from work this morning. Can't wait to try it out this afternoon.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Make sure you're in slot 1.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
How do I do that?

If you hit the cruise control cancel button, the tachometer will swipe to the number slot youre in. 1k rpms = slot 1, 2k rpms = slot 2 and so on. Youre gonna be very happy with the stratified tune man, enjoy!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
If you hit the cruise control cancel button, the tachometer will swipe to the number slot youre in. 1k rpms = slot 1, 2k rpms = slot 2 and so on. Youre gonna be very happy with the stratified tune man, enjoy!!
Ok so if I got the optional 91/93 tune slot, would that be in number 1 or 2?

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
Ok so if I got the optional 91/93 tune slot, would that be in number 1 or 2?

Depends on what you requested. When you got your build sheet for your tune they should have called out what your slots are. I wanted mine all backwards so they set mine up exactly how I requested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
317 Posts
I've seen that thread but didn't pay it any attention as I've read somewhere st1 and st2 may be swapable but st3 seats were completely different. Are all the seats swapable between all trims?
I was told this morning that yes they are swapable, he could not comfirm that the heated seats would work though. He did recomend trying to find seats from the same model year just in case there are minor changes in the seat sensors, harness, or bcu. Hope this helps.

Sent from the pocket internets

·
Banned
7,049 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Is it okay to put 91 octane in my car without a tune? Please don't flame.
The higher octane the more cooling properties for the cylinder so as stated run the highest that's available. If you can find 105-108 racing fuel you don't have to run that for DD but it certainly won't hurt the car. If and when the MOD bug bites and you decide to get tuned then make sure your tuner knows what type of fuel you're using 91,93 etc, and they can tune for it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ok I need advice in my search for wheels. Spcifically on weight. I'm searching and reading all I can but need to know how important wheel weight is on a streetcar that wont see track time. I came across the Rotiform Nue but they are 31 lbs each. My tires are 24 lbs each. How much difference would the added weight make on the street? Should I pass them up for a lighter weight wheel?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Ok I need advice in my search for wheels. Spcifically on weight. I'm searching and reading all I can but need to know how important wheel weight is on a streetcar that wont see track time. I came across the Rotiform Nue but they are 31 lbs each. My tires are 24 lbs each. How much difference would the added weight make on the street? Should I pass them up for a lighter weight wheel?
I wouldn't worry about it because you aren't trying to go lightweight. As your DD the extra 70-80lbs won't make or break your car. You should get what you like and what fits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hiya folks, I'm an ST noob about to pull the trigger on a 2016 ST3. What do I need to know before I finalize the purchase?

Few things I've gathered from my first few hours on the forum:
- I've heard about LSPI, that's essentially spark-knock right? Wouldn't they have a sensor for that? I thought modern Computer-controlled engines were past that problem. (I've never owned a turbo so maybe I just need to catch up in this respect)
- 2016 MY should not have the engine mount issue
- Is there still a problem with synchros?
- never use the wrong engine oil

What else do I need to know or look into before I sign on the dotted line?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dumb question here. Why does my info button on my radio screen not work? It only works once in a blue moon and just displays the one song no matter if I change the station.

image-4030060106.jpg
This is all that is displayed.

3701 - 3720 of 6610 Posts