Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,783 Posts
Discovered something interesting (at least to me) with Voice Commands on my drive home this evening.

When I pressed the button on the steering wheel and said "Navigation Destination Home" it started the navigation but did not give me the map - instead it just displayed the turn by turn information in the UR quadrant of the main MFT display like below:

However, if I pressed the button and just said "Navigation," waited for the MFT lady to respond, and then said "Destination Home," then it pulled up the full map.

Weird.
I don't have navigation...did not want to spend the money on something my phone does. Anyway, I get the turn by turn directions the same way, I think it is a feature of the Sync system.

·
Super Moderator
11,783 Posts
Sweet man thanks. Yea I already joined the Facebook group I def plan on coming to some of the meets once I get back. I really would have liked to go on the one to Columbia that sounded like it was fun. I am almost 2/3 done so not too much longer should be home just in time for winter lol
You should look up our very own @gringoloco if you haven't already; he is in Knob Noster too. I remember because that name always makes me giggle a bit.

·
Super Moderator
11,783 Posts
So who knows the secret to getting parts for cheap? (quick shift arm, CAI, RMM, the simple things) I bought the car, then moved. Needless to say cash flow is not the best. It hurts to think about my car that is %1000 stock.
Any insider secrets?
Check the parts for sale section.

·
Super Moderator
11,783 Posts
is it okay to focus on visual mods rather than performance? she's a daily, so I'm nervous to dig in mechanically. i got mudflaps, Spec-D taillights, wheel spacers, led headlights, a wing lift and yellow tint for my fog lights. i love the way she looks!! I keep taking pictures and I have so much fun cruising around, but until I get money saved for a set of coilovers and catback I really have my mind focused on little accessory mods rather than making her faster...

what do you think when you see a performance stock st like this? am I silly for doing looks before performance?

View attachment 388808
View attachment 388809
It's your car, do with it as you please and the hell with what anyone else thinks! Make it yours!

·
Super Moderator
11,783 Posts
Rats, another great idea foiled lol...

My work phone has unlimited data, so I was planning on streaming music on that phone while saving my precious GBs on my personal phone. :D:devilish:

I might be overthinking this... not sure I drive enough to really run the risk of exceeding the monthly data on my phone plan.
You could just put a billion songs on a flash drive and done with it... :giggle: (y)

·
Super Moderator
11,783 Posts
Hey, I'm buying a 2016 st-3 eco boost, but its on a 65 plate...is there any differences between the cars between plates?

Sorry if this is a moronic question but I'm not a car person at all.
Might want to ask here:

This is mostly a North American website; I have no idea what a "65" plate is.

·
Super Moderator
11,783 Posts
Installing my mishimoto intake. At the point where the tube is connected to the turbo. And the supplied pcv tube is connected to the valve cover. Have some left over parts? Pcv sensor and this thing... View attachment 398135
My question is does the sensor get deleted with this? And what's thay extra piece of tube?
I'm pretty sure without the sensor you will get a code. There should be a way to adapt it to the new intake.

·
Super Moderator
11,783 Posts
Man, I kind of feel sorry for all of you "e" calculators. If I wanted to run e30 I could just go up to the Jump Start station by the girl friends house and pump it straight out of the pump.

·
Super Moderator
11,783 Posts
Chances are your "e" content is between 70 and 80%. I know the east and west coast both dip into the 60's at times. As far as most consumers are concerned it does not make any difference as they are pumping it into flex fuel vehicles that will adjust for alcohol content. The lower the content the better their fuel mileage will be. It's a small percentage that are mixing it for performance.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts