Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Get a car cover or not? If yes, get the Ford cover or is there a better recommendation?

Car will definitely be in storage 4 months of the year, possibility of cat, bird, and rodent activity in pole barn with gravel floor. Maybe even water dripping. And we carry firewood in the vicinity.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
After installing the Steeda adjustable sway end links the first thing I noticed is my rear wheels look like they have somewhat of a positive camber, almost like they’re balancing on the outside of the tire rather than perfectly centered. Is this normal? If not then how can I adjust them to factory spec?
Did you do your final tightening with the suspension loaded or was the car up on a jack/jackstands?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
So my guess would be I’d have to put it back up on jackstands, loosen evrything, and then lower it off the jackstands and do the final tightening of the end links while it’s on the ground?
Correct!

Personally, I back the rear on wheel ramps so I can get under the car to tighten the bolts while the suspension is loaded.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
So I gave the alignment shop the spec I want, rear camber -.8 and they did -1.08 (not FoST). is that close enough or were they lazy.
I'd find another alignment shop. That's way outside the accuracy that's possible for camber. Caster isn't as critical.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Ok boys, still learning here and can't find a definitive answer searching.
Are the OEM premium wheels 5x108 8in wide?
Or 7.5 in wide?
18x8, 5x108, +55 offset. Same as the snowflake wheels, even same weight.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Okay folks, talk me into not buying a ST tomorrow.

It's a 2015 Canadian Stage 3. Anything I should watch for at the dealer on the car? Any advice is appreciated, totally new member here but I've done the online forum thing many times.
Compression test. If tuned, make sure they include the device (unless FRRP).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts