Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well, Dealership contacted a Ford field engineer and he will be in from Alabama beg of August. I still have the trim issues, they always say yes the trim is faulty then when I come back they always say it's withing tolerances or we compared it to one on the lot... they said they would order steering column trim but haven't heard back. My main focus is to fix the almost stall issue. If it doesn't get fixed this time then that would be effectively 2 tries on a safety issue. Another member here suggested I lemon in that case and just get a new one. GA law states 1 attempt at a safety issue. They kept the car for a week, did the TSB (which take 0.3hrs per Ford) and the car is exactly the same. I'm so done wasting time bringing it in. Like I said before 5 visits in 2500 miles. I really don't wanna lemon but if they leave me 0 options... plus I prefer the looks of the '14-'13 by a mile... looks way more unique than the fusion mug on the '15s.. but at this point I just want a car that's sorted.

Geez what a disaster. It sounds like there has been a lot of "dropping the ball" on their part. Have you talked to @FordService on here yet? His name is @Nick and he seems to be able to get crap done when things have gone bad on the customer service side.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes I"ve spoken with Nick and Meagan. The problem is the dealer has been very professional. They have shown empathy but the results aren't there. They are also the only SVT dealer in Atlanta so you would think they would be the best equipped to diag my car (I also bought it from them).

I've used the hotline but as it stands they are waiting for the field engineer to diag the car. Will keep you all posted.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Geez what a disaster. It sounds like there has been a lot of "dropping the ball" on their part. Have you talked to @FordService on here yet? His name is @Nick and he seems to be able to get crap done when things have gone bad on the customer service side.
Thanks for the shout-out!

Yes I"ve spoken with Nick and Meagan. The problem is the dealer has been very professional. They have shown empathy but the results aren't there. They are also the only SVT dealer in Atlanta so you would think they would be the best equipped to diag my car (I also bought it from them).

I've used the hotline but as it stands they are waiting for the field engineer to diag the car. Will keep you all posted.
Thanks for following-up. I was out of the office last week, so I'll check in on your PM. :)

Meagan

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yes I"ve spoken with Nick and Meagan. The problem is the dealer has been very professional. They have shown empathy but the results aren't there. They are also the only SVT dealer in Atlanta so you would think they would be the best equipped to diag my car (I also bought it from them). I've used the hotline but as it stands they are waiting for the field engineer to diag the car. Will keep you all posted.
Yes please do. It sucks to have to go through all that and while I understand that there are "processes", there is also a level of customer care that must be taken. I mean we have invested time and 20-30k of our hard earned money in a brand. We kind of expect some cooperation on issues with a purchase that size. Good luck sir and like I said please keep us posted.

·
Registered
104 Posts
No updates since haven't heard back. I'm so done with this 'experience'

Contemplating just parking the car on the dealer's lot right by the showroom entrance w the following sign:

FOR SALE
2500 miles
serviced 5 times
still doesn't run right

·
Registered
145 Posts
UPDATE: filing with NHTSA. Hopefully that will force Ford to get it fixed for the many many of us that have this problem and were told to kick rocks.
Wow well hopefully they will help get you taken care of. Stil nothing back from the ford guy at all???

·
Registered
104 Posts
Wow well hopefully they will help get you taken care of. Stil nothing back from the ford guy at all???
Nope, nothing back :mad:

I think they're counting on me getting tired and just letting it be. At the end of the day they have no incentive to get it running right.

Or maybe they don't mind me trading it in. If anything it would benefit them if I trade it in for a Mustang Ecoboost. They make money on used cars, I take a loss and they move a model that hasn't been selling.

AUGUST 4th, still no news...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm not currently an ST owner but I'm looking to ditch my 05 built Subaru Legacy GT for a '15 ST3 in Metallic. :D Can anyone recommend people at the ATL area dealers to help me get an ST3 for hopefully below $27K? This will be my first new car purchase and Ford's offering of 0% APR and $1000 off doesn't hurt.

Anything I should know about owning the new ST's aside from the stuff primarily listed in the newbie threads?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I shopped around Nalley + Henessey and some out of state dealers. I was told to avoid Wade ford since they bait you with one price then pull the switcharoo.

Both Nalley and Henessey were professional and I started the process over the phone.

Unfortunately, I've had a poor experience with the car. It's been in 5 times in 2500 miles and the service dept.s I've taken it to appear to be unfamiliar with the car. Wrong oil, etc. thinking it's a regular focus SE. Many people have had the issues I've had but I"m sure many more had no hiccups.

I don't know what Subaru dealer's are like but my past VW was a better experience. Ironic that my VW had less electrical problems + fitment issues. Then again I had one of the German built models.

Bargain hard and let them know you only wanna talk out the door prices. I think if you're not picky on color/sunroof you will be successful. Look around for a dealer that needs to move cars on his lot, you may have to wait for end of Q3 to score a ~26k OTD price with incentives and Ford Financing

Good luck!

BTW your 05 Subbie is prob the last of the truly beautiful Legacies. Great car!

·
Registered
104 Posts
UPDATE:

Ford dealer was very helpful, the Ford engineer finally arrived into to town and they tested my car.

They were able to reproduce the problem I had with almost stalling/hesitation.

The problem is I was told that there was no fix and no ETA on when a fix would arrive (it could be 2 weeks... or 2 years).

Sadly my only option is to lemon now. :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well, I am happy to announce that I have fully joined the ST club with the purchase of my '15 MM ST3! I worked with Cherokee Ford in Woodstock and got the fully loaded (every option) ST3 listed at $31K for $26,500 before taxes and crap. I'd say that's a decent purchase. I used to work at Subaru of Kennesaw and truly considered buying a '15 wrx but couldn't get one under $29K starting price. Now I just need to sell my LGT.

@vcrman sorry to hear you've had so many issues with yours, hope a resolution appears soon!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Congratulations she's a beaut, 26.5k before TTL is not bad but if you like it you like it. It doesn't matter how much you pay in the end, 2k here or there as long as you're happy.
We only live once!
Go and enjoy her and remember not to use cruise control before 1k (ideally 2k) and to vary your RPMs. That means don't necessarily baby it but don't be shy to push 4, 5k rpm, it will be a faster engine if you break it in like that. Also I recommend going in for an oil change at 5oomiles or 1k to flush out all the debris, stick to motorcraft 5w-30 synthetic blenduntil 5/10k miles. Also try and downshift when coming to a stop and don't coast in neutral, you wanna fully seal the engine.

As for my case, I have to work something out either with Ford for a replacement or Lemon it. I just hope Ford doesn't try and pull a fast one by trying to deduct exorbitant amounts as 'usage' fee. Let's hope they can make it right and keep me as a customer after this nightmare.

If you need any suggestions for a deadpedal PM me I found something that looks great.

Cheers!

·
Registered
126 Posts
UPDATE:

Ford dealer was very helpful, the Ford engineer finally arrived into to town and they tested my car.

They were able to reproduce the problem I had with almost stalling/hesitation.

The problem is I was told that there was no fix and no ETA on when a fix would arrive (it could be 2 weeks... or 2 years).

Sadly my only option is to lemon now. :(
Take it to Billy Howell Ford. One of the members in ATL ST club is a tech there, would certainly be worth a shot. My 2014 does the same rpm drop.shake upon start with AC on. I went ahead with a tune and it hasn't done it since, had the idle RPM raised to 950rpm.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks for responding to my update.

Still gotta hear back from Ford. If they ask me to try a final attempt I'll take it to Billy Howard.

I don't want to tune since tune=bye-bye powertrain warranty.

Updates to come. Oh and did you also have ridiculously bad MPG before tune? (I'm talking 10-24mpg, mostly averaging 16-17, and I'm not redlining, just shifting at 2k or 3k, sometimes 5k when merging onto the highway)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks for responding to my update.

Still gotta hear back from Ford. If they ask me to try a final attempt I'll take it to Billy Howard.

I don't want to tune since tune=bye-bye powertrain warranty.

Updates to come. Oh and did you also have ridiculously bad MPG before tune? (I'm talking 10-24mpg, mostly averaging 16-17, and I'm not redlining, just shifting at 2k or 3k, sometimes 5k when merging onto the highway)
I have always averaged roughly 28 or so. Before tune and after tune.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Lol at that mpg! Wow. I've never been under 26.5 with or without the Cobb stage 1 tune.

I've been giving the "motorcycle" wave to a couple of ST's this week. Just excited to see so many (3) in one week. Anyone else do this or am I a geek?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Lol at that mpg! Wow. I've never been under 26.5 with or without the Cobb stage 1 tune.

I've been giving the "motorcycle" wave to a couple of ST's this week. Just excited to see so many (3) in one week. Anyone else do this or am I a geek?
I waved to one guy in a Red ST but the guy was a total DB... ran into a OW and we did the wave. Not a geek haha!

But seriously, everybody else's mpgs confirms something is wrong w my car...

41 - 60 of 80 Posts