Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
These are my two money pits

View attachment 357641

The front was my dad and my project in high school, all restored in our barn. Everything is factory (not original, but looks as it came out of the factory) besides the stereo and speakers.
The rear is a frankenstein of a 1985 Ramcharger body and chassis and a 1996 Ram engine and electronic bits (essentially the same engine that came in the Ramcharger, but fuel injected)

@G heinrich - I grew up riding on the exact snowmobile you have pictured in that. That's a triple if I remember correctly, those things were so torquey and responsive.

My ATV. I bought a 2007 Suzuki LTR 450. Rode it 1 season 10 transmission gear exploded and went through the entire engine. Since then I put on new front and rear tires, brakes, adjustable front A-Arms, wheel spacers. Chain and sprockets. and the engine is being rebuilt and all the shocks rebuilt to a sum of $2,700. Everything on the ATV will be new except for the lower cases the head, plastics and the rear swingarm and axle bearings.

Yeah that's actually my buddy snowmobile. Mine is a triple though. I actually have an 2001articat zrt 600. It's a 600 triple with power valve exhaust. Way quicker off the line. Traction is my real problem.

·
Registered
61 Posts
A pretty damn fast EVO VIII

60DEE3CE-3C67-4A9A-9C47-3D086672B79D.jpeg
6344E982-B783-4726-8F8D-5E9AB4915FC8.jpeg
DF4FC889-699A-4EF1-A698-1C9C17DBB238.jpeg

Forgot to add because it’s not stored in my garage this 76, I don’t drive it often maybe take it down the shore in the summer. All Smog **** is removed as well as factory AC. Plan is a Twin 6262 Turbo Built LS engine swap in its future. Likely caged at some point too. Then it’s making it all fit and wired. We were pondering a crazy import engine swap 2JZ/RB25DETT etc but decided to keep it American. Oh and it’s getting a third pedal also lol.

F7F1BEAF-FD5C-40CD-A2FD-1347C199EFA7.jpeg

·
Registered
737 Posts
Despite a dozen Fiat/Lancia twincam cars, the only real money-sink I have is a sim-racing cockpit.

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
I daily a 1994 saturn sl2 dohc and it has 204k miles on it. Just did full front brake job with new calipers pads and rotors, new wheel bearings all the way around last year. Transmission needs fixed I haven't had reverse for a couple years because a nut is loose. It cost me $100 to get the two nuts from ebay for the input and output shaft, habeng9got around to fixing it. And a pulley is making noise sometimes but I can't figure out which one it is.

I've been on the hunt for a fair weather daily, focus SVT or e30/36 bmw. No luck yet.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I miss my 4g63t talon, always be one of the best motors stock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2003 Ford Ranger
Fun manual V6 that needed a radiator, tires, and a new gear shifter bushing.
My wife fell in love with the truck and has been learning to drive stick in it.
Well worth the money to have it in the family.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have nothing & that’s mainly for two reasons. First of all, I’m trying to look 15-20yrs ahead & save for life after working & also I simply don’t have any room for a second vehicle or boat etc. I have a very small condo w/ a single car garage that barely fits an MK3 Hatch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
597 Posts
1970 Camaro SS Been in Family Since new in 1970, passed down. We have all driven it and now I am the current heir. I restored it in 2008 when it got hit on my 16th birthday (yes literally on my birthday) the car was out front and at 2:48 AM a drunk driver from Arizona who was attending a party here in Cali fell asleep at the wheel along with all his passengers and wiped out the rear of the car while it was parked in the street. Insurance covered the damages and I paid my life savings (at the time 5k) for a new paint job and exterior rust removal. My dad sunk another 15k in it as a late birthday gift and had it tuned up, entire interior redone and a few other bits and bobs. I have since been fixing and restoring all the other little things around the car since. He gave me a choice the day it was hit "either i sell it and buy you a brand new car, or I restore it for you". I waited my whole life, and fought him selling it for years to get my hands on that car, so of course I told him I wanted it fixed up. The car is almost a member of the family, and now that they are both gone, its all I have to remember my grandparents, who were the original owners.

my camaro censored plate.jpg

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sold both my toys to get the ST, I just wanted something new and was tired of working on cars. Had a '96 Nissan 240SX (S14) sold it with an V8 swap out of an Infiniti Q45 that was about 90% done, had an SR20DET with ~350 whp before the V8 swap. Also had a 2003 Xterra - supercharged with a ton done, Lifted with 33" tires and pretty much had the IFS maxed out, never left me stranded off road and got into some hairy stuff with it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
A 1995 red Ford Taurus SHO with the 3.0L, 220HP engine, the 5-spd MTX and just over 80,000 miles on the odometer.

I have breathed on the engine somewhat and have installed 17" wheels, Michelin Pilot all weather tires, oversized down pipes w/cats that feed into a 2.5 inch Borla exhaust, the front brake rotors and calipers bolt-on upgrade from the 1996 Taurus SHO, shifter cable upgrades, bushing upgrades, better shock absorbers and springs, and other nigglly stuff I don't remember right now.

I need to replace/repair the padding in the front seats and upgrade/repair the grey interior that came with the car. And while the seats are out, I need to fix a few dings and rust spots before I repaint the car in 1995 Focus ST racing red. The few chrome bits on the car are still in good condition.

Since I am retired and living on a fixed income, these repairs may take me a while but I have loved the driving and handling of every one of the three SHOs I have previously leased or owned. I spent months hunting for this car because 1995 was the last year Ford made the Generation II SHOs. I would have preferred to get a SHO in Hunter Green Metallic but I could not find one with low milage that I could afford.

When I am finished, the SHO should be ready for prime time and weekend car meets. Since the car is still capable of more than 110 MPH on the speedometer with plenty of gas pedal left for those who are braver than I am, I may participate in a few very mild racing events. But not drag racing. The SHO never was a dragster; it was designed and built to chase down BMW 5-series cars on crooked roads... which it does quite well, if I do say so myself. :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
My bikes. This is my FZ1 I pulled everything off it this winter in the kitchen (My wife was pissed) replaced anything rubber. Installed full exhaust, velocity stacks and a few other small mods. Only thing left now is to replace the head gasket with one thinner and R1 cams.

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
Figured this thread was recent enough to bring back up over making a new one.

Got my 96 mustang gt with a little ball bearing turbo to spice things up, and an ecoboost f150 with some love from Torrie at Unleashed. Ive had the mustang coming up on 14 years and the truck for 4. They've gotten plenty of my paychecks dumped into
them over time.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Here is our babies, the 2011 P51 performance pro charged mustang belongs to the wife. The 98 Eclipse Boostin Performance build is mine. Lol both are broke at the moment. The mustang got ****ed in the last hurricane that hit NC and hydro locked the motor. The eclipse is just waiting for a new turbo. Only reason I have these two cars is being very very wise with deployment money I saved up. Once my focus ST build is done I’ll be tearing down the eclipse to the chassis and doing a full restore.

·
Registered
664 Posts
@wingnutt I LOVE THAT BUILD! When do you expect to have it done?

@Spool_Bus I have a soft spot for s197 coyote cars. One day ill have one. The power delivery from those engines is amazing. Sorry to hear about the misfortune though. I'd love to take it off your hands and bring it back to life.

·
Registered
344 Posts
@TurboGT it’s on motor 4 and trans 2. If it breaks again the wife is planning to sell it. It will be done next month. Motor is built to withstand 1200whp. Last engine never made it past the break in period before it hydro locked.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts