Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other cars, bikes, quads, boats, anything! While we all love our ST's, I'm sure a lot of users here have other lovely vehicles in their lives. For me, I have a 1994 LT1 Corvette that I got from my dad who bought it off the lot. ~120,000 miles, some wear and tear, but she's still one of the loves of my life. I'm slowly starting to give her some TLC and replace some of the stupid plastic bits that have broke in the last ~25 years. I'm hoping to rebuild the engine and throw a procharger on it eventually.

What about you guys?

6Jwn2it.jpg

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
My ATV. I bought a 2007 Suzuki LTR 450. Rode it 1 season 10 transmission gear exploded and went through the entire engine. Since then I put on new front and rear tires, brakes, adjustable front A-Arms, wheel spacers. Chain and sprockets. and the engine is being rebuilt and all the shocks rebuilt to a sum of $2,700. Everything on the ATV will be new except for the lower cases the head, plastics and the rear swingarm and axle bearings.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
My ATV. I bought a 2007 Suzuki LTR 450. Rode it 1 season 10 transmission gear exploded and went through the entire engine. Since then I put on new front and rear tires, brakes, adjustable front A-Arms, wheel spacers. Chain and sprockets. and the engine is being rebuilt and all the shocks rebuilt to a sum of $2,700. Everything on the ATV will be new except for the lower cases the head, plastics and the rear swingarm and axle bearings.

It's filthy in these pictures they were taking before the engine blew.oh and I had to buy used transmission gears to rebuild it and take them to work and machine all the pockets and dogs in the mill so my builder could use the gears. All new gears will like 4 grand if I could find them.oh and while he's in there and having him throwing hot cams on the intake and exhaust side. And 12.5 to 1 compression piston.

·
Registered
613 Posts
2003 C5 Corvette Z06. Used to be my track machine, but I cracked a piston and now I don't live near any tracks. Did a mild forged rebuild on the motor, so I figured I might as well add some boost. Vortech supercharger, ported heads, cam, headers, methanol injection.... I haven't put it on the dyno yet, but should be in the 600s whp at this elevation or 700s SAE corrected.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice! I've been thinking of getting an ATV or dirt bike as soon as I move out of NJ in the next few years. It's been a long time since I've owned an off-roading vehicle and I miss it.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2003 C5 Corvette Z06. Used to be my track machine, but I cracked a piston and now I don't live near any tracks. Did a mild forged rebuild on the motor, so I figured I might as well add some boost. Vortech supercharger, ported heads, cam, headers, methanol injection.... I haven't put it on the dyno yet, but should be in the 600s whp at this elevation or 700s SAE corrected.

Ahh, the C5. I wasn't a fan of the rounder shape when they debuted it but it's grown on me. I'm surprised you were able to crack a piston on a LS1...but it sounds like it'll be monster when she's back up and running!

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Very nice! I've been thinking of getting an ATV or dirt bike as soon as I move out of NJ in the next few years. It's been a long time since I've owned an off-roading vehicle and I miss it.

Yeah I should have just bought something new. Now I own a 12 year old ATV. That I've only rode for one season. and I'm into it for a little over six grand. Granted pretty much everything is new once I get my engine back was supposed to be done a month-and-a-half ago.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I actually cracked the block/cylinder liner too. My theory is that the piston ring ends butted up from the high temps (high speed road course, I hit about 150 on the front straight, and it was summer in lousiana)... and that butting of the rings caused even more friction/heat and it took out the piston and block. Hard to say after the fact, but that is probably the biggest weak link for boost/nitrous on a LS1 too-- piston ring gap.

Right now I am still fiddiling with some belt issues but it makes around 14 psi at redline..virtual dyno said a few hp shy of 700hp, but I don't really trust that lol.

On a different note, I just bought a used 50cc dirt bike too, lol! In new mexico, under 50cc is a moped and as such you don't need to register or insure it, only need a drivers license. Been having fun dorking around on that.

·
Registered
662 Posts
A boat's a boat and I'm jealous!
Not much to be jealous of yet. Right now, I'm on my second hull choice (increased deadrise, requiring more width and compromising my efficient length:beam ratio a little, but much better for coastal waters) and moving to a new set of scale models stage to try to work out some of the details, like the freeboard height and sliding canopy design. Then it's a full scale model out of cardboard (it's only 18') to confirm the chosen scale model and then I can get to cutting wood. I also have some family that needs help, so that's slowing me down. I sometimes think that selfish people are onto something.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My son's 2002 Jeep liberty. Hit a deer in January. We finally got her finished last week. Then next would be my John Deere 1025R. Actually bought it new about a month before my ST. It is so freaking handy but implements are so freaking expensive...

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
These are my two money pits

Trucks.jpg

The front was my dad and my project in high school, all restored in our barn. Everything is factory (not original, but looks as it came out of the factory) besides the stereo and speakers.
The rear is a frankenstein of a 1985 Ramcharger body and chassis and a 1996 Ram engine and electronic bits (essentially the same engine that came in the Ramcharger, but fuel injected)
@G heinrich - I grew up riding on the exact snowmobile you have pictured in that. That's a triple if I remember correctly, those things were so torquey and responsive.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
What are the specs? I've halted upgrades on my PC until next gen CPU's and GPU's are released. I'm currently sitting at a i7-8700k and GTX 1080 Ti while paired to a 3440x1440 @120Hz monitor, myself.
sounds like a nice system.

This is a mere i3-8350k running at 5Ghz... I play games so I dont need 16 threads and this proc holds up in every game I play.
a single EVGA FTW2 1080 OCed to like 2200 I think
bunch of ram think 16GB
2 M.2s
RAID 0 4x 250 Samsung Evo

Monitor is a LG 2560x1080 166Hz... I wanted the higher frames because at the time no 3440 had 100+ Hz and I got this monitor for $450 new.

I literally have more money into water cooling parts, but it runs nearly silent and looks cool, barely hear the pump and the fans are more for sho because you cant even hear to air coming off them LOL the temps stay low with all the cooling bits and allows me to push the procs higher

Same here I will wait until Intel shows up with their new GPUs and Gen10 CPUs. and Nvidia with the RTX/GTX3080. honestly Don't get to hyped for new tech, I just wait until it comes out and buy what is manageable.

·
Registered
225 Posts
This 1979 BMW R80 gets my attention more than the ST to be honest. It only has 39k on it, but sat in a basement from 83 up till about 3yrs ago. I've rebuilt quite a bit of it to make it road worthy and now I commute on it quite a bit. But it's old, so things will happen that require my attention. Love it to death though. I never see another one on the road and being an air cooled boxer, it's really easy to work on.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
These are my other two toys, 99 Saab 95 2.3 turbo 183k miles looks pretty immaculate though with all Abbot Racing bolt ons from UK and AP Racing big brake kit with 2 piece rotors. And an 07 Speed6 with a rebuild and Corksport turbo, atp do, 3inch back straight pipe dual exit, accessport tuned by will at PD tuning, Corksport 3port boost solenoid, Corksport injectors, Corksport hpfp internals, Corksport TIP intake n maf, CX racing core piping and a Treadstone tr8, Corksport 3.5 bar map sensor...dunno if I'm missing anything but it was around 290 hp and 320 ft tq at 22.5 psi and I had alot more I coulda squeezed out of the snail but my MAF was maxed out on air flow so I need to upgrade to a 3 or 3.5 in.
I also have a pooter that I haven't did alot of upgrading to as of lately but when I was heavy into pc gaming when I had a desk and monitor, now it runs off my TV sitting on my floor beside my entertainment stand. It was top notch when I built it. Its an AMD thuban black edition 3.7 GHz (turbo 4.1). 16gb of gskillz ddr4, 1 terabyte caviar black I think hd and a Samsung 500 gb SSD, now it originally had a Asus Mobo and Radeon R7 with 4gb ddr5 but my coolant system sprung a leak and burnt up my Mobo and OG gpu, so I had to buy new and I went with an MSI 97, and I went to a Radeon 480 8gb ddr5, now remember this was built over a year or so ago at least the additions were and the rest was older and it was top of the line then. Oh and it's in an OLD thermaltake black and red checkerbox case with fan controls at the top...prolly from like Pentium 3 era, it was one of my first teen builds.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Other toy didn't show up, forgot to mention it has the full sure Motorsports juggernaugut and dreadnaught rear diff mounts and an R6 rmm, and it's sitting because the 6th gear **** itself so for Bout the last maybe year hasnt moved much. So I need to buy a used decent shape trans and throw it in, I have gold xxr 530s that I run on it but they were bald and it was last winter when it left the road for a lil break.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 67 Posts