Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I just did the JBR short throw shifter. At 1-1/4” shorter I couldn’t imagine taking it down 2” more. If you do you’ll also have to get rid of the reverse lockout.
I misspoke... meant the shift arm. I'm just going to cut down the stock shifter as much as I can. I figured I'd take loose the plastic connector (the thing with the C-shaped connectors on each end of it) for the reverse lockout mechanism and then cut down the shift arm just slightly less that that thing's length and then thread the top the same amount as it was threaded prior... then I can simply use a small zip-tie to connect the pull for the reverse lockout and the actual piece on the bottom. With the grinder and cut-off wheels that I bought for cutting the downpipe rear mount "legs", it should make quick work of the shifter. I imagine with a 40% reduction in shift throws from the JBR arm + the height decrease, the overall change should be in the 45-50% reduction in throw distance, don't you guys think?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Elliot specialized performance has a real nice FMIC that's like a levels copy, it's really nice and I prolly wouldve went with it if I hadnt bought my levels already. And for the price 350 to 400 cant beat it in quality.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Never heard of ESP before, but I'll check it out. It comes with the upgraded T-bolt clamps, which I'd planned on getting when I picked up a Depo unit.

ETA: Looks like with shipping, though, it'd be about $80 over the Depo unit which ships free...

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Never heard of ESP before, but I'll check it out. It comes with the upgraded T-bolt clamps, which I'd planned on getting when I picked up a Depo unit.

ETA: Looks like with shipping, though, it'd be about $80 over the Depo unit which ships free...

Depo I a good quality unit. It's just not powder coated or polished. I don't mind the bare aluminum.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Depo I a good quality unit. It's just not powder coated or polished. I don't mind the bare aluminum.
I don't mind it either... Even thought about airbrushing an "ST" on it in the same blue as my car when I get it. I've got plenty of the paint, I think, for that size of a job. Might even throw some clear over it to protect the base coat.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I don't mind it either... Even thought about airbrushing an "ST" on it in the same blue as my car when I get it. I've got plenty of the paint, I think, for that size of a job. Might even throw some clear over it to protect the base coat.

I don't know if you're supposed to use a certain type of paint as to not affect heat transfer. That would look good though.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
It'll be light enough that it probably won't matter much. I ended up doing the same thing (painting it car color) to the face of the gauge pod in the center of the dash. The previous owner jacked up the "carbon fiber tape" on it and I got tired of looking at it... So I took it apart and painted that area that had been covered with that cheap tape stuff to match the car's color with about 6 coats of light blue metallic and then fogged it with several layers of clear coat. Looks decent, but I may take it apart at some point and wet sand and polish it to make it look "deeper". I can't leave anything alone.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I like the way the esp intercooler screws to the bumper.Looks easier and stronger than factory.Have not heard much about it on this fourm.Might get it anyway.Levels seems like a hard company to deal with.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Got the depo intake and aem filter installed last night, but that was a bit of a pain... Had to tweak the mounting bracket, drill the hole a bit bigger, and grind some off the passenger side edge of the mounting bracket where it was slightly contacting a sensor, but got it installed.

Overall, the power seems to hit a little harder than it did before, probably because the stock intake tube is tiny compared to the Depo unit. It's definitely louder than it was, too.

Going to fill up tomorrow on the way to work and see if the mileage changes any thanks to it breathing easier now. I'll let you guys know.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts