Ford Focus ST Forum banner

241 - 255 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm looking to get my car tinted soon do you guys have any good places in apex cary area? I would be willing to drive to Raleigh as well. I am thinking doing 15-20% I want darker but I don't want to look black.

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well, time to give this thread a poke. Figured I'd share a photo from my car's first photoshoot. I took last Wednesday off because it was nice and did a full detail on the car. I spent about 8 hours on the paint to get all the swirls and scratches out, but it was worth it in the end!

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
this is def a thread that stays dormant for too long

·
Registered
134 Posts
I like your name, by the way. I miss my Termi. That was the last car I owned that I had as much fun in as this one. Definitely quicker than the 06 GT I traded in for it, and I was trying to find a practical replacement, hah!

Oh, here's a different shot from the weekend:

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
I like your name, by the way. I miss my Termi. That was the last car I owned that I had as much fun in as this one. Definitely quicker than the 06 GT I traded in for it, and I was trying to find a practical replacement, hah!

Oh, here's a different shot from the weekend:
its funny because i had a 700rwhp 01 cobra with a procharger and went to a lifted diesel truck on 37's, then sold the truck and bought the ST... ive enjoyed the ST for sure, but ive been jonesing for v8 RWD hooning. Thank god for me I just got my project back online. I've got a 91 single cab chevy truck with a 6.0 swap that Im doing right now. Should be a fin 400rwhp 3200lb terror for a while until I do heads/cam/blower setup on it sometime in the next couple years.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yeah, I've pretty much only owned Mustangs up to this point. They are cheap and easy to build up in any way you like. I've had a 97 GT, 03 Cobra, and most recently the 06 GT. Plus a couple of BMWs in between and an old crappy Accord as my only FWD and only 4 cyl. This ST would blow the doors of my 06 GT (which was mostly stock performance wise other than intake, midpipe, and tune). So this car is my first turbo 4 cylinder, first FWD with some power, first hatchback, etc. I'm amazed at how much more fun it has been to drive around than my 06 GT, not to mention actually having nice features.

I traded my Mustang for this car because my Mustang was starting to build up some miles and I wanted something a little more practical for a DD before something broke and cost me a lot to fix. I very much want a project car as well, but I don't want a modern car, I want to build a classic with a big block. I talked myself out of the RS for that reason. This was supposed to be just a money saving DD... but then I got a tuner and wow. This car is so much better than I ever expected. I miss the RWD V8, but I'll get that back with a project soon enough.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Me: Get's windows tinted on the first day of a beautiful spring like stretch. This has been driving me crazy all weekend. That, and I come from a convertible, so the sun roof isn't quite cutting it, haha.

Worth it though. And I even kept it legal for the first time ever I think.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm close to Concord I have only seen one other ST around but don't know who he is. If anyone is close to Concord let me know.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
@typicalmiracle Sadly there are a bunch of ya'll in Raleigh/Durham location. I live in an area with zero ST's and have only seen one ST since I moved here.

BTW, if your on Facebook, the "FST Carolina" page is all of us in/across NC.

·
Registered
25 Posts
For now my ST is in Concord. When i get back to the states i want to ship it to my base in AZ.

241 - 255 of 255 Posts