Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Are you going to deliver mail with that thing?

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  STratfordpride8 
#1 ·
The first time she saw it, my grandmother thought I bought it to pursue a career as a mail carrier.

Not the case.

I'd always wanted one, and it was the right price.

Needed a clutch:

I know you're thinking "pretty sure that didn't need to come out for a clutch" and well, you're most definitely right. It needed these too.

That leads us to today, about 25 miles later (most of those miles at WOT).

Apparently the stock head gasket doesn't really like 2 bar boost pressures and hp numbers pretty much double what they were before lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Bet ya didn't get a lot of mail delivered in 25 miles.

Great car! When I had my 370, I would bring it to the dealer, and the guy who serviced it had a black one. I've never seen a car make so much noise, but still be so slow, lol. I'm sure this one will be the opposite. I'll be following this.

#3 ·
Lol I sure didn't! And it really is a blast to drive, but everything is better with more power lol

I finally got it back together, I haven't hardly gotten to look at it in two weeks. Something about my father and brother wanting to "combine soybeans" lol

I runs WAYYYYYY smoother now. I think I forgot to mention that the first time I bolted it together I wanted to make it lope. In comes a nice set of Tomei adjustable cam gears. Retarded the exhaust cam 6 degrees and advanced the intake 4. It was really stupid kids. Don't waste your time I already did it for you. Lol.

The best part about the build by far were the instructions apexi sent me for the head gasket.

It's a great read!!! Lol luckily the head studs were made in California.

#4 ·
You are legitimately driving my dream car, in my dream color. I used to work with a company that imported cars. I've driven R33s and Aristos, but the owner knew I loved R32s, had one, and never let me drive it just to screw with me. Needless to say, he turned out to be an assclown and I stopped talking to him. Now, I'm just saving up money to buy one through another guy I know. Definitely gonna be watching this thread.

#7 ·
That would be a blast! And I don't know why people feel the need to act that way.
They are much easier to acquire now, since they are officially classic cars. Buckets of awesome right here.

I think I'd seriously F-up stuff with left-handed shifter though.
Thanks! It takes a little getting used to, but I'm left handed, and I grew up running old tractors on the farm. Lots of levers to play with there lol.
Central iowa huh? Have i seen you around??
Possibly? I'm about 20 miles north of Boone. Where are you at?

#5 ·
They are much easier to acquire now, since they are officially classic cars. Buckets of awesome right here.

I think I'd seriously F-up stuff with left-handed shifter though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.