Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am looking a 2014 focus st with a gtx2867r. The owner says it has these issues:

"And the only issue that I've noticed is the cruise doesn't work for some reason...
also due to the tune the car does not like idle with the AC on, and sometimes it'll throw and engine light, for "exhaust temp out of range" and the cold start idle is a lil funny, but once it warms up it does fine. But I usually just clear the code."

I wanted to get input on these issues and see if they are a big deal or something minor before I check the car out.

The car has 43,000 miles.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
IMO yes it's an issue and it sounds like his car is not in good shape and he is trying to unload the issues onto you. also IMO if you are gonna mod a car that far (you don't just throw a bigger snail on) then you should do it yourself or with a shop you trust. Although, the idle with AC is likely due to a stiffer RMM and that is something that is going to happen with any of them. I am worried about the issues at start and constant codes being thrown.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I'll second all of what @LockeLamora33 said. No way I'm buying a car that is throwing random CEL for no reason. Also, when I put a solid FMM on my Caliber SRT4, idle with ac on was like sitting in a top fuel dragster during an earthquake.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll second all of what @LockeLamora33 said. No way I'm buying a car that is throwing random CEL for no reason. Also, when I put a solid FMM on my Caliber SRT4, idle with ac on was like sitting in a top fuel dragster during an earthquake.
I talked to a Ford Tech and he said the cel was not really a big deal and it was probably a bad sensor. I'm checking it out tomorrow. I'm going to be cautious for sure.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
something not mentioned, how much are you gonna pay for this? ST's drop value quick, especially heavily modded ones and the dealers are giving some nice deals right now. Might be able to find something stock for a close price and mod it yourself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
something not mentioned, how much are you gonna pay for this? ST's drop value quick, especially heavily modded ones and the dealers are giving some nice deals right now. Might be able to find something stock for a close price and mod it yourself.
I'll actually be trading my fiesta st for it. I need a bigger car. This focus has less miles than my FiST, and has the st3 package.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Dont do it. Walk away. Buying someone elses unfinished project is never a good idea

·
Registered
900 Posts
I should have clarified. The focus already has the gtx2867r on it, as well as all supporting mods.
If it's still having idle issues, it's not finished. There are tons of heavily modded STs that the tune doesn't affect running the AC. This sounds like a headache waiting to happen. Find out if he's on the forums, then see if you can find the build thread and any other threads he made, possibly asking "why is my car running like ****"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts