Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cobb traction control is amazing and I do not want to drive my car without it anymore, but I'm always wanting to try new tunes. Are there any companies besides stratified that offer the cobb TC in their OTS tunes?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Cobb traction control is amazing and I do not want to drive my car without it anymore, but I'm always wanting to try new tunes. Are there any companies besides stratified that offer the cobb TC in their OTS tunes?
You don't need a tuning company at all, it's built into the Accessport.

Edit: Stratified version is only super nice because it defaults to 20% slip (mode 4 or so..which is the best apparently in testing) and the Cobb Accessport defaults to mode 1

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't need a tuning company at all, it's built into the Accessport.

Edit: Stratified version is only super nice because it defaults to 20% slip (mode 4 or so..which is the best apparently in testing) and the Cobb Accessport defaults to mode 1

You sure? From my understanding it's offered to tuners who want to include it in their tunes. Even Cobbs own ots tune (latest update) doesn't even have it. It shows in the Cobb AP menu but it isn't actually in the tune.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
You sure? From my understanding it's offered to tuners who want to include it in their tunes. Even Cobbs own ots tune (latest update) doesn't even have it. It shows in the Cobb AP menu but it isn't actually in the tune.
That's my understanding too, OTS doesn't have it, it needs to be enabled by a ProTuner. The feature was enabled only in firmware of the AP, but the tuner actually sets the variables within the tune.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
That's my understanding too, OTS doesn't have it, it needs to be enabled by a ProTuner. The feature was enabled only in firmware of the AP, but the tuner actually sets the variables within the tune.
I could have sworn they made it so if you enable it in the Accessport it's on. Enable it and set it to mode 4 then put the car in sport mode and test it. When it FIRST came out it was definitely ProTuner only but I could have sworn it was changed

·
Registered
100 Posts
If it's enabled in the tune, the latest firmware allows accessport adjustments:

Capture.PNG

·
Registered
808 Posts
So I'm big turbo and I saw that I have it on my accessport but my tuner didn't activate it. Should I play with it or stay away from it ?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
So I'm big turbo and I saw that I have it on my accessport but my tuner didn't activate it. Should I play with it or stay away from it ?
Just about everyone (especially BT guys) think it's the best thing since the knife used to slice bread. DEFINITELY worth looking into if you don't have it already. Cobb actually tested it with their BT car and did 30-50 like .4 seconds sooner than stock TC and .2 sooner than TC OFF. From a stop it's just heavenly because we can floor it and get the absolute most power the tires can handle while the car holds us from spinning.

Source: COBB Tuning ? Ford ? COBB Traction Control

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
Yep I have it and it is just fantastic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts