Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after reading up a bit in the dyno section and seeing what other STs are doing #s wise, I am starting to question whether i have a lower powered ST out of the box. I am stage 1 plus a catback, and i have a custom tune from stratified. But i have been seeing tq numbers around 270ftlbs on the Access Port via the Estimated Toque monitor. Should this be higher? I am guessing that the AP3s torque monitor is not very accurate. I dont think that it is the stratified tune as it is loads better than the cobb OTS, but even the cobb tune had 260ftlb and that was in mid july when i switched.
Any input would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Mine was low too. I have a Freektune and the apv3 estimated torque was pretty similar. When I plugged it into vdyno, it estimated 380 at the wheels consistently across dozens of different data logs.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine was low too. I have a Freektune and the apv3 estimated torque was pretty similar. When I plugged it into vdyno, it estimated 380 at the wheels consistently across dozens of different data logs.
Over 100ftlbs off? That seems really extreme. I guess ill have to do some Vdyno runs to check. The butt dyno says its much faster than both stock and Cobb OTS.

·
Registered
881 Posts
have you tried to see what your numbers look like on the vdyno? they can be as accurate as the user wants them to be

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
have you tried to see what your numbers look like on the vdyno? they can be as accurate as the user wants them to be
Not yet, Ill have to set it up and make some pulls this weekend. I just have to try to find the thread that walks you through how to do it.

·
Vendor
1,840 Posts
Estimated torque comes from the torque model. In order for it to be accurate the model has to be calibrated accurate.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Over 100ftlbs off? That seems really extreme. I guess ill have to do some Vdyno runs to check. The butt dyno says its much faster than both stock and Cobb OTS.
Mine showed like 230-260 at the most at all times when I had that gauge active...so yeah literally 100ft/lbs off at times.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Estimated torque comes from the torque model. In order for it to be accurate the model has to be calibrated accurate.
That makes sense, still have to figure out how to use Vdyno. I downloaded it and played with it a bit, i just cant get it to work the way i want it to and the thread on here that describes how to use it is very vague when explaining the software aspect of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts