Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I feel silly having to ask considering I am a computer software engineer by trade and people normally ask me this stuff!

Anyone actually get the Apple Carplay to work consistently?

Seriously it goes into CarPlay mode at best 1 in 10 times I hook the iPhone 7 plus into the USB port. Most of the time I just end up attaching it bluetooth and use the regular Sync stuff. When it does work it works fine. I reset the Sync system. I reset the phone. Neither helps consistently

Any experience I can learn from?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
Hi all

I feel silly having to ask considering I am a computer software engineer by trade and people normally ask me this stuff!

Anyone actually get the Apple Carplay to work consistently?

Seriously it goes into CarPlay mode at best 1 in 10 times I hook the iPhone 7 plus into the USB port. Most of the time I just end up attaching it bluetooth and use the regular Sync stuff. When it does work it works fine. I reset the Sync system. I reset the phone. Neither helps consistently

Any experience I can learn from?

Thanks in advance
Are you sure Sync is up to date. That could be causing you some grief.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Reactions: Griiswold

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just started using the Apple CarPlay in my car 2 days ago and admittedly haven't been in and out of the car a whole lot since using it but haven't had any issues with connectivity yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update:

Yes latest version of Sync.

Original apple cable - tried it. No luck. Yesterday was a good day - it worked twice. Only after I rebooted the phone each time. 3rd time - including rebooting the phone - no joy.

Very annoying problem!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts