Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I recently acquired a cobb accessport v3 and installed it on my 2016 focus st. I went to the cobb website and downloaded one of the maps that they have available for 93oct stage 1. I installed the ap, installed the map, went out to test it and for some reason now the turbo has a louder flutter when losing I stop accelerating the vehicle (I like the sound of it but I want to make sure that it is normal with that map) and #2 the brakes got REAL HARD to press. The vehicle will definitely come to a stop but I really have to push hard on the brake pedal for that to happen and obviously that aint normal. if anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it. thank you!

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
First of all, regarding the flutter, I recommend that you add Boost Pressure as a gauge to live monitor with your AP. If you notice the flutter under light throttle then it is completely normal. My vehicle flutters like crazy under light throttle with a boost pressure between -6 and -3. It is most prevalent in 3rd gear accelerating up hills. This is nothing to be concerned with.

Second, I never heard that a tune impacts braking performance. I think this is 100% coincidental, though I am not a tuning expert. Others might be able to provide more information about braking performance using a Cobb OTS tune.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Glad you found your issue with the brakes.

For the record, you should definitely consider getting a tune from a professional tuner familiar with the Focus ST. This post is a great place to start to get information about tuners:

http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...ur-car-what-your-options-look-no-further.html.

Most likely your vehicle will be safer and performance will be better if you purchase a tune from one of these guys rather than using the Cobb OTS map.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts