Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I've seen some talk regarding AP roms and the purge valve recall. I called and spoke with Cobb this morning who stated they have not seen any issues with AP reinstalls after the PCM update for the recall. I've been kind of worried about this considering the $$$ I've dropped on the AP and a variety of tunes. Cobb also asked to contact them immediately if the AP doesn't install correctly so they could pull diagnostics and create an update file.

Hope this helps someone out there :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
15 ST3 fully bolted w/WMI
STRAT tuned

I just dropped off for update. I uninstalled AP before. Update was done and purge valve failed. Part will be replaced tomorrow. I will update as soon as I try to reflash tune. Should not be an issue I believe since a previous update bricked reinstall due to reflash using 2016 strategies. So AP recognized car as 2016 USDM instead of 2015 so stratified updated my tune to reflect 16 strategies.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
15 ST3 fully bolted w/WMI
STRAT tuned

I just dropped off for update. I uninstalled AP before. Update was done and purge valve failed. Part will be replaced tomorrow. I will update as soon as I try to reflash tune. Should not be an issue I believe since a previous update bricked reinstall due to reflash using 2016 strategies. So AP recognized car as 2016 USDM instead of 2015 so stratified updated my tune to reflect 16 strategies.

Dealer stated that my purge valve and gas tank were fine. They did however, flash the PCM. Once finished I installed the accessport and it recognized my car without any issues. I'm not sure if the dealer is just blowing smoke, but I didn't have any problems with the reinstallation.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Dealer stated that my purge valve and gas tank we're fine. They did however, flash the PCM. Once finished I installed the accessport and it recognized my car without any issues. I'm not sure if the dealer is just blowing smoke, but I didn't have any problems with the reinstallation.
I emailed Strat a week or so ago and they said that unless it is flashed and comes back as a different ROM ID or whatever that it should be fine. If it is greyed out and will not install then you need to pay for a ROM update on the tune. So you have a 50/50 chance that everything will be fine. If not then the tune needs to be updated to reflect the change. I bet it is like stated above where some older models the ROM changed to make a 2015 look like a 2016. I need an oil change soon and the dealer thru in a service agreement, oil and rotate, so I get it done there. We shall see if they do the recall when I get that done.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Thanks for posting this, I asked a few times about this in the other thread about the massive purge valve recall so it's interesting to see now that people aren't seeming to have issues. Thats a good thing to know some have gotten the update done and not had issues with the AP reinstall. Good to go and thanks again, I guess Ill be calling my local Ford for an appt.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I have an Appt for this coming monday, i hope to have the same luck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
WEBB Ford Highland IN. hack jobs. I gave them the benefit of the doubt. First service stripped all screws in skid plate. 2nd round stripped screws in air filter housing. I just had recall done and they broke cable to open hood from in cab and said nothing about it. Piss poor service. Wasn't going to add but had to use torque multiplier to bust lug nuts free. Unbelievable.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WEBB Ford Highland IN. hack jobs. I gave them the benefit of the doubt. First service stripped all screws in skid plate. 2nd round stripped screws in air filter housing. I just had recall done and they broke cable to open hood from in cab and said nothing about it. Piss poor service. Wasn't going to add but had to use torque multiplier to bust lug nuts free. Unbelievable.

I'd drop the car off and tell them to fix every single item - also demand a rental car. I've had similar experiences with shops. Wheels with scratches and paint chips, stripped out skid plate screws (they are plastic so you just tighten till they stop, never any further), dirty seat from climbing in and out without a liner. I even got my car back with fairly new tires where the wear was noticeably more in the front than rears. Bottom line is dealerships are about volume. You have to be "that guy" in order for anything to be done right.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Yall need to secure your personal service writers and mechanics with tips and vet properly, only then will you be confident in the dealer working your vehicle.

Those monkeys only respond to one thing, green backs.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Well I had an appt today, at Apple Ford of Red Lion, although it was a recall so they wouldn't have had an option, it was cool to notice they didn't say a word about my FMIC and HKS. Anyways, did the PCM update and said my purge valve was 100% and no issues with my tank cause my valve was ok. So that's good to know, I take proper care of it. Well onto the bits and pieces, since I don't have to take it in for another appt for the parts install, I am going to be reinstalling my Accessport tonight or tomorrow, and holy cow, its so weird how much soon the power comes on with a tune on and how much quicker it is, after the uninstall my fiance is even like whoa, what happened? I could pass people in a heart beat before similar to my Speed 6 now its like unless I floor it to the ground I am not moving. The tune definitely livens up the throttle response in the gas pedal too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts