Ford Focus ST Forum banner

741 - 760 of 923 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
View attachment 95626 View attachment 95627 View attachment 95628

Shipped like all the others have stated. No padding in box, just a film over the lenses. Arrived fully intact, no issues with the product. I already had the led reverse bulbs in my OEM taillights, so just had to swap those and good to go. I can say that none of the pictures I've seen really do these lights justice. They look incredible on the car in person, especially with just the tail lights illuminated.
@goku0650
How have the new lights been after a month? Do you have any more pictures of them?

·
Registered
619 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
@goku0650 they've been great. Have gotten a lot of compliments on them and how they nearly look stock, aside from the smoke of course. I'll try to grab some pics, but my car is filthy right now.

·
Registered
619 Posts
@goku0650 they've been great. Have gotten a lot of compliments on them and how they nearly look stock, aside from the smoke of course. I'll try to grab some pics, but my car is filthy right now.
Alright... awesome... I just ordered myself a pair... now just wondering what kind of reverse LED bulb to get.. Thinking of just getting it from Panda Motor Works as they have them on their website...

·
Registered
953 Posts
How have the new lights been after a month? Do you have any more pictures of them?
I'm not him, but I installed a set of the smoked about six weeks ago, and I absolutely love them. I'll take some better pics today and add them to this post, but here's a pic taken for a different thread (one of the backup camera threads) that gives a fair idea of what they look like on TS:

1433191643916.jpg

I'm in CA, and some discussion elsewhere got me spooked about being busted for smoked tails, so I bought a set of the "black" ones as well, sitting here in the box:

s-l140.jpg

I'm going to put them on today and see how they look. I'd really like to keep the smoked ones, but these may look very nice on TS. The thing I really don't like about the blacks is the clear flange all the way around the perimeter. If it looks obnoxious but is the only problem, I might try painting the edge from the back (first with some rubber paint I can just peel off) and see how that works out.

Either way, I'll have an extra pair -- black or smoked -- that I'll be selling here in a day or two if anyone wants them.

Also, if anyone who REALLY KNOWS can clarify the whole smoked tail light issue in CA for me, please speak up.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I'm not him, but I installed a set of the smoked about six weeks ago, and I absolutely love them. I'll take some better pics today and add them to this post, but here's a pic taken for a different thread (one of the backup camera threads) that gives a fair idea of what they look like on TS:

View attachment 99854

I'm in CA, and some discussion elsewhere got me spooked about being busted for smoked tails, so I bought a set of the "black" ones as well, sitting here in the box:

View attachment 99855

I'm going to put them on today and see how they look. I'd really like to keep the smoked ones, but these may look very nice on TS. The thing I really don't like about the blacks is the clear flange all the way around the perimeter. If it looks obnoxious but is the only problem, I might try painting the edge from the back (first with some rubber paint I can just peel off) and see how that works out.

Either way, I'll have an extra pair -- black or smoked -- that I'll be selling here in a day or two if anyone wants them.

Also, if anyone who REALLY KNOWS can clarify the whole smoked tail light issue in CA for me, please speak up.
They look awesome... Thanks for the pictures and etc... yea I see people in PA here with taillights where you can not really even see the bulb when lit... haha...

·
Registered
953 Posts
They look awesome... Thanks for the pictures and etc... yea I see people in PA here with taillights where you can not really even see the bulb when lit... haha...
That one pic doesn't do "euro-smoked" version of these justice, especially on a TS color. The contrast is delicious. That's why I'm reluctant to give them up, but I really don't want to cross paths with My good friends in blue (or tan in CA, as the case may be) right now (have too many tickets already, insurance is insane), and, only to have to get rid of them to "fix it".

However, the C-shaped red running light is plenty visible in daylight if necessary, and it's rarely on then anyway. The brake and turn leds are quite bright through the smoked covers in the day. Pictures coming in an hour or two. Hell, I plan to put the blacks on today, so I'll do a side-by-side with one smoked, the other black and take some pics.

·
Registered
619 Posts
That one pic doesn't do "euro-smoked" version of these justice, especially on a TS color. The contrast is delicious. That's why I'm reluctant to give them up, but I really don't want to cross paths with My good friends in blue (or tan in CA, as the case may be) right now (have too many tickets already, insurance is insane), and, only to have to get rid of them to "fix it".

However, the C-shaped red running light is plenty visible in daylight if necessary, and it's rarely on then anyway. The brake and turn leds are quite bright through the smoked covers in the day. Pictures coming in an hour or two. Hell, I plan to put the blacks on today, so I'll do a side-by-side with one smoked, the other black and take some pics.
sweet... I greatly appreciate it

·
Registered
619 Posts
Well, I got my tail lights in.... They look pretty awesome... Now I am just waiting for my reverse bulbs to come in before installing... Has anyone run into any problems with fitment or placing of the ballast?

·
Registered
619 Posts
So this may be a dumb question.... I got my tail lights and my reverse bulbs... Now how do you get the bulb installed... I am assuming it needs to go where there are 2 wires that go and not all the colored ones (I think there are like 4-5 wires in that one) but I don't know if it is suppose to just twist off or what. I just want to make sure I don't break anything... haha

·
Registered
22 Posts
@goku0650 Yeah, it just twists off, my housings were grey for the reverse bulb. Congrats man! did you get full dark smoked? or the smoked red?

The ballast i checked for clearance and simply mounted them to the empty space of the actual light housing with no issues or rattles.

·
Registered
619 Posts
@goku0650 Yeah, it just twists off, my housings were grey for the reverse bulb. Congrats man! did you get full dark smoked? or the smoked red?

The ballast i checked for clearance and simply mounted them to the empty space of the actual light housing with no issues or rattles.
Awesome thanks... I went with the smoked red... I think the black smoked would be too dark for my car... lol... Hopefully I can get this installed sometime shortly in a day or 2...

·
Registered
619 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
You will be passing a lot. I'm with you I would much rather support American workers but when NONE of them what to make stuff for this car what can we do? The focus is one of if not the top selling car in the world I found zero American companies that wanted to make the hood for it.
You do know that half the parts in your focus is from china right?

·
Registered
447 Posts
741 - 760 of 923 Posts