Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I loaded a 93 performance tune on my ST and noticed a woooshing sound when I accelerate in 3-6. Just wondering if this is the extra boost sound? I returned it to stock and it stopped. Also my oil psi was spiking too when accelerating. Is this normal and ok? Thanks

·
Registered
393 Posts
Well depending on the tune the symposer could still be turned on and just sounds louder ar certain rpms? Is it an ots tune or custom.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It an OTS I believe. I have the Livernois MyCal tuner and their 93 performance tune. Custom tunes are like from Cobb or SCT? Had LMS on my SHO and got their tune for ST. Once you buy their MyCal tunes are free for your next Ford purchase.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I think those numbers are backwards. But these guys tune a lot with EcoBoost. Got there tune with my SHO and it was amazing. When and if you get a new Ford put your old one back to stock they'll send you the new tune free.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Lol i read their site on the mycal. Claims over 100 hp and 55tq for their 93 tune. Never heard of them but that's a fun claim.

Pretty sure those numbers are backwards, but they are a good tuning company when it comes to the ecoboost platform, they are real big in the f-150/taurus/etc line. But its a little pricey for such a basic tuner.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Im sure just a webadmin making a typo.

But yeah, might be the turbo your hearing just spooling faster than normal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts