Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Anyone make custom shift knobs?

3K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  yi.dong.54 
#1 ·
Im not a big fan of the stock shift knob look, and the only thing I like more than cars (especially STs) is hockey and was curious if anyone knows how to make a shift knob out of a hockey stick?

#2 ·
Cut the handle off, drill two holes in the bottom. One of the holes will need to be made to the diameter of the threads, and will need to be sleeved with a metal threaded insert. The second hole will need to be made in the same diameter as the reverse lockout collar. It isn't an impossible task, but it also won't be easy without the right tools. I'd suggest searching around and see what you come up with. Etsy may actually be a good place to look. Find someone who does wood working, supply them with the measurements and they may be able to set you up... Or you can reach out to lathewerks and get a metal knobs with customer engraving. Possibly favorite team or whatever.

#4 ·
I'd reach out to @AnarchyMotive too. They can do anything with the metal and Derrick is creative obviously so I think they could figure out a solution that might be a little different but even better. Or he might be able to manage it out of the wood with the tools he has.

#6 ·
Anarchy motive

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.