Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not a big fan of the stock shift knob look, and the only thing I like more than cars (especially STs) is hockey and was curious if anyone knows how to make a shift knob out of a hockey stick?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Cut the handle off, drill two holes in the bottom. One of the holes will need to be made to the diameter of the threads, and will need to be sleeved with a metal threaded insert. The second hole will need to be made in the same diameter as the reverse lockout collar. It isn't an impossible task, but it also won't be easy without the right tools. I'd suggest searching around and see what you come up with. Etsy may actually be a good place to look. Find someone who does wood working, supply them with the measurements and they may be able to set you up... Or you can reach out to lathewerks and get a metal knobs with customer engraving. Possibly favorite team or whatever.

·
Administrator
11,922 Posts
Cut the handle off, drill two holes in the bottom. One of the holes will need to be made to the diameter of the threads, and will need to be sleeved with a metal threaded insert. The second hole will need to be made in the same diameter as the reverse lockout collar. It isn't an impossible task, but it also won't be easy without the right tools. I'd suggest searching around and see what you come up with. Etsy may actually be a good place to look. Find someone who does wood working, supply them with the measurements and they may be able to set you up... Or you can reach out to lathewerks and get a metal knobs with customer engraving. Possibly favorite team or whatever.

He can reach out to Anarchy Motive for custom coating/engraving. As far as the wood, no idea.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I'd reach out to @AnarchyMotive too. They can do anything with the metal and Derrick is creative obviously so I think they could figure out a solution that might be a little different but even better. Or he might be able to manage it out of the wood with the tools he has.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Anarchy motive

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Im not a big fan of the stock shift knob look, and the only thing I like more than cars (especially STs) is hockey and was curious if anyone knows how to make a shift knob out of a hockey stick?
I'm a huge hockey fan as well. I'd love to do a hockey inspired knob for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts