Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they fit, the biggest reason for the 2.3 cam is the HPFP. 3 humps instead of 2.
its 4 humps over 3, that is one big reason. It also will put you right in the middle between mild and fast road cams from piper, at least on the intake side.

2.3 cam intake 9.0 exhaust 7.8
2.0 mild intake 8.64 exhaust 8.0
2.0 fast intake 9.6 exhaust 8.53

since our cars like density not speed this should work out good for some extra mid to high range power.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just wrote piper and I will post here on what they say.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'd be really interested also. Idk what the increase if and on a stock turbo car, but a big turbo I'd bet would make a really nice difference.. especially fueling issues our stock cams have with that 3 lobe crap

·
Registered
90 Posts
I thought i remember reading somewhere that the 4 lobe fuel pump cam throws fault codes. Someone here has tried it, I cant remember which thread though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
If they fit, the biggest reason for the 2.3 cam is the HPFP. 3 humps instead of 2.
its 4 humps over 3, that is one big reason. It also will put you right in the middle between mild and fast road cams from piper, at least on the intake side.

2.3 cam intake 9.0 exhaust 7.8
2.0 mild intake 8.64 exhaust 8.0
2.0 fast intake 9.6 exhaust 8.53

since our cars like density not speed this should work out good for some extra mid to high range power.
I remember reading that someone had tried this, but their tuner couldn't set the correct fueling parameters for the 4 lobe cam so he couldn't use it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts