Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble getting the smile off my face when from driving this car!

I bought a new 2016 Focus ST in Tangerine Scream with the TS inserts in the Recaro seats. So, it's an ST2 and it also has the machined wheels and sunroof.
Considering the targeted customers of these cars, I figure I may be the oldest guy on here. I'm 49, I've been married for almost 26 years, we have two children and I've always been a Mopar guy.
I grew up with driving '60's and '70's Mopars, mostly Dodge Demons, Darts, and Chargers. I'm used to going fast in a straight line. Then I bought an older Dodge Power Ram and played in the mud for a while. I still have that, but only use it when I need a truck. We bought our daughter a used '05 PT Cruiser GT convertible when she learned to drive, and it still takes her back and forth to college. I traded in my beloved '05 PT Cruiser Limited turbo (which I paid $550 for, it was in great shape, but needed engine work) when we bought the Focus ST two weeks ago. So yeah, just the extra cost color on the ST cost more than my last car.

I'm in River Ridge, Louisiana, which is near New Orleans. When I get a few extra dollars, I'll get the windows tinted and I'm thinking Aries Styleguard floor mats. Aries does not seem to make a cargo area mat (yet?) so I'll have to go with another brand there. Everything I put back there slides around.

So hello from River Ridge and I'm looking forward to enjoying my car for a long time to come.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Dont worry. You aren't the oldest. There are a few 60+ people on here.
Hope you enjoy your new car. Likely not what you are used too

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Welcome to the forum, lots of great info on here

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Welcome! I looked at Aries mats but since they didn't have the rear I just went Husky and got a total set.

I've wanted to start a thread with an age poll. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make a poll! Someone make one, or PM me how to do a poll and I will make one!

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Whatever you do, don't get Ford's OEM rubber trunk mat that says Focus, fit is awful, comes rolled up with the edges creased that never straighten out. Bothers the **** outta me ever time I open my hatch.

·
Super Moderator
8,560 Posts
I'm having trouble getting the smile off my face when from driving this car!

I bought a new 2016 Focus ST in Tangerine Scream with the TS inserts in the Recaro seats. So, it's an ST2 and it also has the machined wheels and sunroof.
Considering the targeted customers of these cars, I figure I may be the oldest guy on here. I'm 49, I've been married for almost 26 years, we have two children and I've always been a Mopar guy.
I grew up with driving '60's and '70's Mopars, mostly Dodge Demons, Darts, and Chargers. I'm used to going fast in a straight line. Then I bought an older Dodge Power Ram and played in the mud for a while. I still have that, but only use it when I need a truck. We bought our daughter a used '05 PT Cruiser GT convertible when she learned to drive, and it still takes her back and forth to college. I traded in my beloved '05 PT Cruiser Limited turbo (which I paid $550 for, it was in great shape, but needed engine work) when we bought the Focus ST two weeks ago. So yeah, just the extra cost color on the ST cost more than my last car.

I'm in River Ridge, Louisiana, which is near New Orleans. When I get a few extra dollars, I'll get the windows tinted and I'm thinking Aries Styleguard floor mats. Aries does not seem to make a cargo area mat (yet?) so I'll have to go with another brand there. Everything I put back there slides around.

So hello from River Ridge and I'm looking forward to enjoying my car for a long time to come.
Great that your loving you're car and welcome to the forum. As for being old, I don't think so. I'm 58 and no where near the oldest owner here!
http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-discussions/6945-am-i-too-old-st-how-old-you.html

Reactions: Cowlynz

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whew, glad I'm not the old guy on here. I expected a bunch of 20-somethings addicted to Starbucks and Macintosh phones with the blue teeth or something. I have nothing against young people, I enjoy time with my children's friends, but I don't think I'll ever use half the features on this Sync 3 radio in this car. My son got in, saw the little symbol on the screen, and said, "Dad, this thing has Wi-Fi?" I said, "I don't know, it has a lot of stuff!" He linked his phone to it or something, but I'm not sure why.

I don't see too many ST's around here, and mine is only the second one I've ever seen in Tangerine Scream.
I'm glad to be aboard.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and welcome. While this doesn't fit the muscle car package that you are used to, it is sure to light you up in other ways. Find yourself a twisty road and go at it, that's where the ST should live.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,172 Posts
Whew, glad I'm not the old guy on here. I expected a bunch of 20-somethings addicted to Starbucks and Macintosh phones with the blue teeth or something. I have nothing against young people, I enjoy time with my children's friends, but I don't think I'll ever use half the features on this Sync 3 radio in this car. My son got in, saw the little symbol on the screen, and said, "Dad, this thing has Wi-Fi?" I said, "I don't know, it has a lot of stuff!" He linked his phone to it or something, but I'm not sure why.

I don't see too many ST's around here, and mine is only the second one I've ever seen in Tangerine Scream.
I'm glad to be aboard.
As a 20-something year old myself (Not addicted to Starbucks and hate "Macintosh Phones") I must say that I find it awesome the number of people here on the forum who are significantly older. Just goes to show anyone can enjoy such a magnificent car. Congrats on your purchase!

Edit: Oh, and my teeth are definitely not blue ;)

·
Registered
162 Posts
I know the feeling I have the same friend smile. Only diff is I'm 63 and my GF is 44. We're always out of the box. New to this forum but ole skool to fast cars, good motorcycles and beautiful women.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts