Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 40 of 107 Posts
Still, I wouldn't want to have to deal with this, even for a week... an not on a new car with an option I actually had to pay for to get. I think I'll call my rep. tomorrow and see if there's any way to change the order... my car has certainly not been built anyway. So I can't see why they shouldn't be able to modify the order...

The problems are generally minor and transient. When MFT is working properly it is truly an impressive system. It's a bit buggy though, I will admit that.

Reactions: RallyST
The problems are generally minor and transient. When MFT is working properly it is truly an impressive system. It's a bit buggy though, I will admit that.
God I hope so. Ford made a great little car, but it this keeps up it will be 3 strikes and I'm out, or I'm going back to my original plan of base Mustang GT( no Sync/MFT) with the track package and Recaros.

Mustang doesn't have MFT. After driving one with Sync for the past two years I can say that the Sync system on the Mustang is rock solid. It isn't nearly as flashy as MFT, but it works like a champ.

Reactions: Breezeknees
God I hope so. Ford made a great little car, but it this keeps up it will be 3 strikes and I'm out, or I'm going back to my original plan of base Mustang GT( no Sync/MFT) with the track package and Recaros.
I'm going to be reading the posts here as well :
Ford SYNC Forum, Ford SYNC Owners, Ford SYNC Help, Ford SYNC Smart Phone, Ford SYNC Connect, Ford SYNC ipod, Ford SYNC Phones, Ford SYNC Blue Tooth, Ford SYNC Voice Command, Ford SYNC Phone Book, My Ford Touch, Ford Touch, My Ford Touch Owners, My Fo

My PB is going to the dealer today. He gave me the usual "we haven't seen any problems in any '13 Focus's yet". Whatever.

He did mention Ford is about to release another MFT update for the Focus due out very soon. I have read that these issues are priority one at Ford due to the fact the MFT issue has slipped their JD Power ranking from 5th to 23rd over the last two years.

Lets hope the next update is the real fix.

I have read that these issues are priority one at Ford due to the fact the MFT issue has slipped their JD Power ranking from 5th to 23rd over the last two years.
Ouch!!!

Good luck, I hope they can figure it out.

Only issue I've had recently is occassionally the volume, for a second, quiets a bit, then back to normal. now, as I write this I'm wondering if it has to do with the auto sound level or whatever it's called (adjusting volume to speed thinggy). i think I might have turned that on, and maybe that's causing my issue. Hmmm... guess I'll go check it out, turn it off, and see if that clears up my little, minor, semi-insignificant issue.

Only issue I've had recently is occassionally the volume, for a second, quiets a bit, then back to normal. now, as I write this I'm wondering if it has to do with the auto sound level or whatever it's called (adjusting volume to speed thinggy). i think I might have turned that on, and maybe that's causing my issue. Hmmm... guess I'll go check it out, turn it off, and see if that clears up my little, minor, semi-insignificant issue.
I hate that auto volume thingy! I know how loud I want my music! Off, Off, Off!!!

I hate that auto volume thingy! I know how loud I want my music! Off, Off, Off!!!
I hear ya (cept when your music's too loud!). On my Nissan it seemed to work fine. Thing was that car was so loud under acceleration (had a CAI) and the CVT would hold out till it sounded like a jet engine - just screamin, the auto volume would compensate a bit - get louder. Then correct back down.

I just took a post tune test drive, but - as you can imagine - forgot all about the auto-volume thing. :)

I have my ST back. The video display screen took a dump. And of course on the way home I had some sort of windows error box appear(the one with the X in the red circle) and then the black screen appeared not more than 10 min after leaving the dealer. But it reset fairly quickly and I guess seems to be fine for who knows how long.

The Explorer Limited was nice to barge around in for a day or two but I am really happy to be back in the ST. The more I drive it the more Smiles_Per_gallon!

21 - 40 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.