Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning on my way to work i went to change the song and the radio froze and no more music. I got to work turned the car off and the screen was still on. Lunch time and screen still on, still frozen. Finally i was almost home wen the screen shut off and I got a message that read something like "Perfoming system update" and then after maybe 5 min it shut off and back on again and everything was fine. anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
137 Posts
It is so buggy it pisses me off. I usually use my iPod plugged in. For some reason it is stuck on shuffle. After about 3 or 4 times of shutting the car off it forgets where it is and I have to go back in and browse device. My Sirius bugs out quite a bit. Preset stations are there one minute and gone the next.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Thats awesome!! I can't wait for my st to do the same thing.

·
Registered
546 Posts
When I first got my car I went on about a 150 mile drive, the car had maybe 60 miles on it.The Mytouch did that about 4 times , and was really starting to get annoying. Then on the way home it must have found its happy place because it hasn't done anything since. I occasionally have trouble with trying to get my Iphone tunes to play but that even seems to be getting more and more infrequent.

·
Super Moderator
6,576 Posts
I think as the system updates its self most of these issues will go away.

·
Registered
758 Posts
It's kind of a shame that MFT has been so buggy because the older Sync Navigation system in my Mustang has been stellar. Much better than aftermarket from my experience.

·
Super Moderator
6,576 Posts
It's kind of a shame that MFT has been so buggy because the older Sync Navigation system in my Mustang has been stellar. Much better than aftermarket from my experience.
I haven't had a problem yet...only 700 miles though.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I haven't had a problem yet...only 700 miles though.
I had a Focus Titanium last year for a week and the MFT responded substantially slower to voice commands compared to Sync. MFT has been upgraded since then so I'm not sure how it compares today but at that time it was considerably more clunky.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I had it freeze up once .. or actually the screen went blank/black. After a few minutes I got the System Update message, and afterwards, it's been good. No issues before or after. About 750 miles on my ST now.

·
Registered
87 Posts
We've had the blank screen followed by "performing scheduled maintenance" thing happen twice now. Not sure if it's a bug/problem or something that is supposed to happen.

Also... I spent some time this weekend adding album cover art pics from iTunes to the USB HD I use in the ST for music. One pic per album folder, each with the filename "album.jpg". When I plugged it back into the ST today I keep getting a "not available" error when I try to access it, even though it shows up in the device list. I took it out and plugged it into a car with plain old Sync and it worked like a champ. IDKWTF. sigh...

EDIT: Solved the issue by hitting the "next" button on the screen. Next song came up and everything is working like a champ. Some sort of indexing bug I guess?

Agreed.

·
Registered
546 Posts
When I first got my car I went on about a 150 mile drive, the car had maybe 60 miles on it.The Mytouch did that about 4 times , and was really starting to get annoying. Then on the way home it must have found its happy place because it hasn't done anything since. I occasionally have trouble with trying to get my Iphone tunes to play but that even seems to be getting more and more infrequent.
Uh yea. Let me update this. I was showing my daughter the car tonight with the car off in the driveway. I hit the start button to power up the screens and the info screen lit up like normal, while the MFT screen sort of showed me a red looking ford sign and then died. The radio was playing. So i hit the button to to try and turn it off /on again and nothing. Road around for 15 min, nothing. Battery disconnect for 10 min, nothing, Dead. If it doesn't come on on the way to work tomorrow off to the dealer. And I'm going to make sure I get this on paper because I am not a happy camper.

·
Registered
546 Posts
What really sucks is as I research these happenings this is the same type of problems they have been having since 2010 across the product line. I am getting the feeling nothing is really fixed with these software updates. I bet there are a lot of folks out there that can't do a voice destination. I know I can't(yet).

1 - 20 of 107 Posts