Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Focus ST3 2016
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s your opinions on them because I’m thinking of attempting the mod to see if it makes the clutch feel a little more direct. I think I have that restriction one in now and I don’t care for the feel of the pedal.

·
Registered
Focus ST3 2016
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can remove the restrictor without having to replace the stock hose.
I kind of want the new hose to keep from the heating up of the OEM one but this is interesting. Have you done this?

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, GFB DVX+ BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings, PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,922 Posts
I kind of want the new hose to keep from the heating up of the OEM one but this is interesting. Have you done this?
Not yet, but it's on my short list now. It's the black plastic part with clips on the firewall the hose plugs into.

·
Registered
Focus ST3 2016
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JPC line here. Clutch engagement is more consistent, mainly when shifting quickly.

Couple this with an aftermarket clutch pedal assist spring, and it makes it even better.
I have the spring assist already and that did help. How did you do the line upgrade was it easy and did you use a motive bleeder ? I’m gonna buy one I think.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The install isn't bad, just be careful not to lose the little metal clips that fasten each end of the line.

I did not use a motive bleeder. Just pumped the clutch pedal with a line off the bleeder nipple going to catch pan, looped at the end to prevent air going back up the line. Worked like a charm.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
The install isn't bad, just be careful not to lose the little metal clips that fasten each end of the line.

I did not use a motive bleeder. Just pumped the clutch pedal with a line off the bleeder nipple going to catch pan, looped at the end to prevent air going back up the line. Worked like a charm.
At which end of the bleed line do you tie the loop? The end that attaches to the bleeder valve nipple or the end that drains into the catch pan?

·
Registered
314 Posts
At which end of the bleed line do you tie the loop? The end that attaches to the bleeder valve nipple or the end that drains into the catch pan?
I put my loop near the end that drains in the catch pan.

It would work either way, though. Loop near the bleeder would be faster to prime air out of the drain line. Having the loop near the catch pan below the car creates more suction / gravity siphon once you pump the air out of the drain line.

I use a lot of fluid to flush, so the extra pumping to fill the drain line with loop at the end doesn't matter much.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
5,348 Posts
I have a JPC line. Nice piece. The difference in feel is 90% from the removal of the restrictor at the same time.

·
Administrator
13,320 Posts
I have a JPC line. Nice piece. The difference in feel is 90% from the removal of the restrictor at the same time.
The ends rust up on it though, I went Steeda (McLeod) for stainless ends on the Schtangarang.

I do suggest upgrading the line, and both brands are proven.

Reactions: beretta96

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
426 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts