Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST3
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ever since we put the MP275 tune on the car, our iPhone 6s Plus keep dropping from bluetooth...

did a full sync3 reset from menu - but keeps happening...

my wife loves the added power, but not at the expense of the Sync3 bluetooth creature comforts... :serious:

any ideas? Thx

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
526 Posts
I was having bluetooth issues with Sync 3 before I added my tune. If you're still on V1.0, I'd look into updating to V1.1 (dealer update that fixed some bluetooth issues) or grabbing the V2.2 update that was posted in the discussion section. So far I haven't had any issues with 2.2.

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST3
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm- where can I try the 1.1 update?

also - from the Ford site:
Apple CarPlay is available on 2017 models with SYNC 3; owners of 2016 models with SYNC 3 are required to perform a software update, available early 2017, and purchase a hardware upgrade through your dealer. Requires phone with compatible version of Apple iOS and active data service. SYNC does not control Apple CarPlay while in use. Apple is solely responsible for their functionality. Message and data rates may apply. Apple, Apple CarPlay, iPhone, Apple Maps, and Siri are trademarks of Apple Inc. 160

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
526 Posts
1.1 is a dealer update AFAIK, specifically for people having Bluetooth issues. So you'd have to talk to them about it.

The additional hardware for the 2.2 update is only if you want to use Apple Carplay, otherwise you still retain all the functionality you have now. You can purchase the required USB hub online and install it yourself if you don't want to pay the dealer $$$ for the update.

Info on the 2.2 update, including download links, instructions, and part numbers for the new hub can be found in this thread. Updating the software typically takes about 15-20 minutes (unless you're unlucky like me, then it takes a bit longer), really easy to do.

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST3
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1.1 is a dealer update AFAIK, specifically for people having Bluetooth issues. So you'd have to talk to them about it.

The additional hardware for the 2.2 update is only if you want to use Apple Carplay, otherwise you still retain all the functionality you have now. You can purchase the required USB hub online and install it yourself if you don't want to pay the dealer $$$ for the update.

Info on the 2.2 update, including download links, instructions, and part numbers for the new hub can be found in this thread. Updating the software typically takes about 15-20 minutes (unless you're unlucky like me, then it takes a bit longer), really easy to do.
assuming if you do the 2.2 update yourself, warranty coverage is nil if your Sync3 died for some reason?

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
526 Posts
assuming if you do the 2.2 update yourself, warranty coverage is nil if your Sync3 died for some reason?
That I'm not sure about. It's a 100% official update but seeing as it hasn't been officially released for the 2016's yet, it's an awfully grey area. Proceed at your own risk I would say, although other than taking unusually long to install I haven't had any issues with the update in ~700 miles of driving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts