Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I’d like to preface this post with saying thank you to all the users who reached out to me about my ad in the classified section of the forum. You all have been very helpful & it seemed like the emails just started pouring in lol. I love this community.

I just snagged an AWE touring catback, the system that comes NON-RESONATED and I just wanted to know if anyone has had any issues with it as far as noise complaints or horrible drone. I currently run a 3” catless downpipe as well. Here she is in all her glory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2,851 Posts
Because sound and drone sensitivity are different for everyone, your best bet is to see how it is when you install it. If anything, theres plenty of room in the section Behing the flange to install a Vibrant ultra quiet in there.

·
Registered
2018 Focus ST3
149 Posts
The rear section of that exhaust has some technology to cancel out the resonant frequencies. I've never heard it in person. Like turbogt says, you could always add an ultra quiet.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I started with the Touring Non-res. The tone wasn't quite where i wanted it and to soften the edge I had a resonator added. No drone as advertised just a tetch louder than I wanted in a daily driver. FWIW, I love the tone and lack of drone, which I cn't say about the Cobb CBE the car came with.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank u for the replies everyone, I’m having my friend weld the muffler back in place. Seen some videos & the tone with the accompanying turbo whistle sounds sinister. Definitely a huge difference between that & my stock system, even with the resonator cut off it still pales in comparison to the AWE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST3
10 Posts
i have had several variations of the AWE system. I'll Focus (get it) on catless, non resonated track exhaust is VERY loud. non resonated touring is manageable. resonated track is still loud but a better tone than non resonated (imo) the perfect set up (to me) is catless resonated touring which is currently what i have bolted up. i have ran all of these sets up on my car so this is coming from first hand experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts