Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my MBRP with a Depo catless downpipe I and I'm not too happy with it. I was thinking of straight piping the muffler and leaving the resonator. Anyone done this and could possibly send me a clip?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Here is one from YouTube. His description states that he has a catless downpipe and the MBRP cat-back with the rear muffler removed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is one off of YouTube. His description says he has a catless downpipe and the MBRP cat-back with the rear muffler removed.

Yeah I heard that one. Jesus that sounds loud lol. Don't need mybl neighbors hating me more than they probably already do

·
Registered
135 Posts
Right. It is probably a little much and he says it's raspy. Some people like that, but I absolutely can't stand any rasp whatsoever. There are a few clips of people removing the center resonator instead, but it sounds even worse, not to mention the added drone.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right. It is probably a little much and he says it's raspy. Some people like that, but I absolutely can't stand any rasp whatsoever. There are a few clips of people removing the center resonator instead, but it sounds even worse, not to mention the added drone.
Ugh ..yeah I might as well forget it then. **** the rasp. I can't deal with all that rice. I guess I'll have to deal. Just trying to reduce the drone when I step on it or go on an incline on the freeway. **** it annoying.

·
Registered
135 Posts
It's mostly because of the downpipe. I have the MBRP cat-back as well, but I went with a 200 cel catted downpipe. I wanted the exhaust to be as deep as possible without a ton of drone or any rasp. I had to sacrifice volume, but it's worth it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's mostly because of the downpipe. I have the MBRP cat-back as well, but I went with a 200 cel catted downpipe. I wanted the exhaust to be as deep as possible without a ton of drone or any rasp. I had to sacrifice volume, but it's worth it.
Yeah I did the same thing but I end up just getting the regular Depot catless and used the O2 defouler and haven't had a CEL. It's all worth it in the long run

·
Registered
135 Posts
Absolutely. We both are probably running the best setup for our tastes that we can. My original setup was a 200 cel catted downpipe and the factory exhaust with the muffler deleted and the resonator replaced with a bullet muffler. The drone was AWFUL. My MBRP cat-back is really the only part that I spent serious money on because I wanted a specific sound.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I like that it doesn't have any rasp and is pretty deep, but still retains the turbo spool sound (probably the DP mainly). I guess that's about all you can do with it

·
Registered
135 Posts
Can you hear a decent amount of spool from inside the cabin? When I am driving around town with the windows down I can hear the turbo coming from underneath the car. It's always made me weary of if I have a small leak at one of the resonator clamps. It sounds awesome though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts