Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
ok, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a feature you were looking for in the cluster's options/settings.

that would make sense, most of the time when there is a connection issue, it is usually a problem with the OBD adapter. was it connecting before and then now its not?

·
Registered
395 Posts
connect to forscan, check speed
disconnect and close forscan
connect with focccus app
read bcm, change things
write to bcm
done

I had an error writing the first time, I jsut hit it again and it ran fine the second time

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a feature you were looking for in the cluster's options/settings.

that would make sense, most of the time when there is a connection issue, it is usually a problem with the OBD adapter. was it connecting before and then now its not?
I can get my elm 327 to connect but not my obdlink.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
connect to forscan, check speed
disconnect and close forscan
connect with focccus app
read bcm, change things
write to bcm
done

I had an error writing the first time, I jsut hit it again and it ran fine the second time
You can give this a shot but I have try it on 2 2017s and no luck. I had to use ForScan to program the windows. I have also programmed 4 RSs as well using the same method in ForScan

DIY: Global Windows Open/Close

·
Registered
129 Posts
Two questions on this 1) Did they give you grief on voiding the warranty 2) approx. how much did it run you? Thanks
No grief on the warranty because they did it. And it cost me nothing because it was part of my complimentary 1st service.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
[/QUOTE]No grief on the warranty because they did it. And it cost me nothing because it was part of my complimentary 1st [/QUOTE]

Took mine to the dealer they wanted $127 to "look into it" as they weren't sure it could have been done. Found a local guy that did it for way less lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello, how did you do it? with FOCCCUS? and ELM? what year is your Focus?

i had 2013 and 2016 STs . and the cable ELM and Focccus Worked just fine , but now that i have the 2017 there is an error when i try to connect.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts