Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm with Buccaneer Region, just slightly north of CFR. Been Auto crossing pretty regularly with them the last year. Just picked up my ST yesterday coming from a STX BRZ. I hope to make it to some CFR events along with my regular Buccaneer ones now that I have a car that travels a bit better & space.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm located in the central Florida region. I go to a lot of SCCA and Martin Sports Car Club events. I run my Kona Blue st1 with my dad as co-driver.
How does your ST do with 2 drivers? I want a buddy of mine to co drive mine at the buccaneer region meet this weekend but I'm hesitant before I upgrade the brake pads & fluid. Plus the amount of heat this car emits from just a single driver is crazy, two drivers has me a bit worried. I'm coming from a STX prepped BRZ that 2 people could pound on all day no problems. I'm still new to this platform and learning, thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
How does your ST do with 2 drivers? I want a buddy of mine to co drive mine at the buccaneer region meet this weekend but I'm hesitant before I upgrade the brake pads & fluid. Plus the amount of heat this car emits from just a single driver is crazy, two drivers has me a bit worried. I'm coming from a STX prepped BRZ that 2 people could pound on all day no problems. I'm still new to this platform and learning, thanks.
My dad and I are nowhere near competitive, so I may be the worst person to answer but Ill give it a shot.

We have probably done 5-6 events as a two-driver car. The most runs in an event was with the FAST guys down in Tampa. The car had a total of 16 runs down the Brooksville airport runway. The least amount of runs was probably 4 each at Lake Tech at a recent Martin Sports Car Club event.

The only "mod" the car has is Moda MD20s with Kumho v720 tires. Stock pads and stock fluid etc..

The gauges all read normally and within range as far as I can remember. The oil temp rose ever-so-slightly during the FAST event with a total of 16 runs. Other than that the car has performed flawlessly.

I'm sure there are things we could be doing to improve time such as riding alone, getting a spray bottle, etc..

I look at it as an opportunity to go do car stuff with my dad using a brand new car that shouldn't have any issues with this performance orientated driving.

With very little time in between runs the car is left running in the grid and if I remember to throw my gloves in the back I will pop the hood. Other than that the car just sits idling during the time between runs.

I think it's a blast to do autocross with 2 drivers especially considering the combined driving runs and ride along runs. Whatever performance we're sacrificing due to having two people is well worth it IMO.

Hope this helped, let me know if I can do anything else to explain.

We are signed up for the CFR scca Deland event on Oct. 22. I believe registration for that closes on the 21st at 5pm. Let me know if you are planning to come out, I believe there are 2 or 3 other FoSTs signed up last time I checked.

-Max

1 - 7 of 7 Posts