Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last week or so, my alarm has gone off several times for no reason. usually LATE at night, but once after it sitting for an hour. There is a few posts about it, though not really any solid solutions. Hoping someone here has bypassed the sensor by jumping the connector and if that held up. The connection looks great, no corrosion or frayed wires. Also have had the Hood Ajar warning come up after getting a car wash, and once after a heavy rain.

·
Registered
596 Posts
In the last week or so, my alarm has gone off several times for no reason. usually LATE at night, but once after it sitting for an hour. There is a few posts about it, though not really any solid solutions. Hoping someone here has bypassed the sensor by jumping the connector and if that held up. The connection looks great, no corrosion or frayed wires. Also have had the Hood Ajar warning come up after getting a car wash, and once after a heavy rain.
This happened to me. Unplugged it for a while and then bought a new hood latch setup with a sensor from rockauto for $45ish shipped.

Sent from my OnePlus 6 using Tapatalk

• 2017 Focus ST • ST1 • Kona Blue • Sync 3 Upgrade with HD Radio & Sirius XM

·
Registered
596 Posts
how long have you had that new assembly in? no issues since?
Hey so sorry it didn't notify me of your reply! Nope, no issues! Been about 3 months now. With my old latch I noticed it would be particularly bad on cold mornings and when going over bumps which made me realize it had to be the switch sensor in the latch. Looks like you might have the same issue. The one I got was from Dorman and has a lifetime warranty if the switch goes bad again. Took about 5 minutes to swap it out. Highly recommend!

Sent from my OnePlus 6 using Tapatalk

• 2017 Focus ST • ST1 • Kona Blue • Sync 3 Upgrade with HD Radio & Sirius XM

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
if I remember correctly. the hood pin is a "normally closed" negative trigger. that means when ever the wire sees a ground signal, it will think the hood is closed. you should just have to unplug it and ground the Blue/Orange wire to simulate the sensor in the latch being closed. I would temporarily do this and see if the problem goes away. if it does then your problem is the switch in the latch. if it does happen again, you either have a wiring problem or something is going wrong with the BCM (the switch failing is by far the most likely problem)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if I remember correctly. the hood pin is a "normally closed" negative trigger. that means when ever the wire sees a ground signal, it will think the hood is closed. you should just have to unplug it and ground the Blue/Orange wire to simulate the sensor in the latch being closed. I would temporarily do this and see if the problem goes away. if it does then your problem is the switch in the latch. if it does happen again, you either have a wiring problem or something is going wrong with the BCM (the switch failing is by far the most likely problem)
@brianlovelace & @1LoudST thanks for the great input!! i almost just wanna get a new latch at this point. Tho i may just jump the connection and see if it works, just to verify its the switch and not the harness. Again, thank you so much!!
P.S sorry for the late ass response haha

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve been having same problem started yesterday anytime I lock my car the alarm going off has anyone figured it out

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
3,955 Posts
I’ve been having same problem started yesterday anytime I lock my car the alarm going off has anyone figured it out
The switch is intergrated with the hood latch. If it has failed then you will need to replace it.

·
Registered
2013 TS ST3, with some stuff done.
1,184 Posts
The two small pin connectors inside the plug, need to be bent slightly out of line, so when the plug is pushed on the connection is tighter, it cured the same problem I was having.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The switch is intergrated with the hood latch. If it has failed then you will need to replace it.
Thank you
The two small pin connectors inside the plug, need to be bent slightly out of line, so when the plug is pushed on the connection is tighter, it cured the same problem I was having.
see I’m try that first thing in morning ford sucks I love my car but **** so many issues all the time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts